Can't prioritize taming wild man if...

Started by Jacuza, October 06, 2018, 10:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacuza

Can't prioritize taming wild man if food restrictions restrict pawn from consuming raw food. The option to prioritized it is grayed and it says no usable food to tame, while I have a whole bunch of veggie and raw meat in my fridge.
Unstable 1.0.2047

Jacuza

If your pawn had a food restriction that restrict him from eating raw food, and have a mental break that causes pawn to go wild, you can't tame him anymore because of the said food restriction since you can only tame wildman using raw food, so have to capture him no matter what.

viperwasp

I assumed that any mental break would bypass all the food restrictions. That's the way it should be to avoid things like this. Someone in mental break can't be trusted on what they eat or where they go. Which is why they already ignore forbidden stuff and area restrictions right? So it perhaps should be programed to ignore foot restrictions etc. But I know nothing about the wild man break down. When the break down ends are they still wild men? Or do you have to tame them to end it? Either way yeah this does seem to be an issue in my opinion but probably easily fixed.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Jacuza

They stay wild forever until they can't find any food on the map, then they'll start hunting your colonist for food. Taming them is so much easier when you have a pawn with good animal skill. But capturing them might make them go berserk, and even if the capture is successful, you still need to recruit them back again which might take awhile depending on their recruitment difficulty.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ison