Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• September 22, 2019, 08:27:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Blog post: RimWorld 1.0 will be released October 17  (Read 12347 times)

Mudoken

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: Blog post: RimWorld 1.0 will be released October 17
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2018, 08:52:28 AM »

Congratulations to you and the rest of your team. Cant believe Rimworld is finally done. Definetly a game that is not gonna be forgotten.
You are a rolemodel for the industry btw :)

Is there any plans for ludeon studios future yet? After maybe a well deserved break^^
Cant wait to see your next project, and support you.

BlackSmokeDMax

• Planetologist
  • Don't Have To Live Like A...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2018, 09:23:24 AM »

Congrats Tynan.

I have received a LOT of enjoyment from this game, really appreciate the work and commitment of you and your team.

Tankh

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2018, 11:42:37 AM »

Congratulations Tynan & colleagues. This really is a Masterwork Game you've produced.

Thank you also for including two of my base screenshots for your game presentation. It makes me happy everytime I think of it =)

I expect RimWorld to Grab all GOTY awards this year! (And then Factorio can claim all GOTY awards next year!)

ison

• Developer
  • Planetologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2018, 12:38:44 PM »

It's been a long lovely journey.

legendary

• Drifter
  • Null
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2018, 01:56:51 PM »

ison it would be lovely to hear your side of the story about working on rimworld. Maybe Hacker News worth story :)
StarCraft | WarZone 2100 | Civilization | RimWorld | Homeworld - games that deserve your time of life.

ruddthree

• Colonist
  • Wayward Drifter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2018, 02:41:31 PM »

Been here since A12. It's amazing how far this game has come!

ison

• Developer
  • Planetologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2018, 04:54:44 PM »

@legendary That could be interesting. There have been some interesting things about working on RimWorld, though mostly it's just programming and implementing stuff several hours per day. But in a nutshell it's been a great and smooth collaboration.

Zombull

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2018, 07:18:04 PM »

Thanks for all your hard work, Tynan. You made a great game. An evil time bandit but a great game.

Deer87

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2018, 04:28:48 AM »

I just wanna chime in an the congratulations. It's a great game with amazing complexity and high replay value.
I joined around Alpha 14 i think, and back then it was already a good game. What it has grown to is amazing.

Given the little time i have to game (babies does that to ones sparetime), it will probably be some time before i try out the big 1.0, but then my favorite mods should be updated too.

Congrats with the release, and damn you Time-thief!

BugPowderDust

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2018, 06:49:07 AM »

Been around since Oct 2014, Alpha 7. It's the best $30 I ever spent, the amount of time I've spent enjoying this game is incalculable.

Congrats to Tynan and the team, this is a huge success!

FlameBlood

• Muffalo
  • Glitterwool
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2018, 07:15:26 AM »

It was a long journey - and, I hope, even longer lies ahead.
I wish the whole Rimworld team and Tynan personally best of luck. Hey, will we hear about any new amazing games from Ludeon studios? :)

Jan2607

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2018, 10:38:33 AM »

Tynan, I want to say thank you for all the fun I have and will have in the future with RimWorld. I'm playing the game since Alpha 9 I think, and it was a long journey with over 1,000 hours on Steam and hundreds of hours besides Steam. I played a few early access games since then, but RimWorld is the very first of these games, that will finally get the 1.0 version out :)
You achieved something, that not very much early access games will do. Congratulations!

On the other hand I am a bit sad to await the 1.0. A part of the fun of playing RimWorld was always the excitement to try out a new Alpha version. I always had to adapt to a new play style and to figure out the new mechanics. I really enjoyed it and it makes me a bit sad to know, that no more content updates will happen. But I also know that modders still will make the unexpected happen :D

Tynan, I really hope to hear about new stuff from you, whether it will be a completly new game or a RimWorld 2.0. I wish you and your team the best of luck!

Psyra

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2018, 12:10:10 PM »

Well, Tynan, you're finally here. Just out of kindness' sake, we slotted in some Recreation time in your schedule for you. Use it. A few beers never hurt anyone! ;)

prayedlizard

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2018, 02:51:13 PM »

This game is amazing! And the best part is the full release is on my birthday couldn't ask for a better present!!

vzoxz0

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2018, 02:55:59 AM »

Well, Tynan, you're finally here. Just out of kindness' sake, we slotted in some Recreation time in your schedule for you. Use it. A few beers never hurt anyone! ;)

Tynan has Chemical Fascination trait. He's going to need a new ... everything ... after your suggested beer fuelled rampage!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5