Blog post: RimWorld 1.0 will be released October 17

Started by Tynan, October 06, 2018, 11:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Ser Kitteh

I bought this game at the tail end of B15 and am utterly amazed at the progress this game has made.

I can't wait til release. I was hoping for a bit more bionics (kidneys, liver) and maybe the ability to heal fingers/nose/ears but I'll take what I can get.

This was worth my 30 dollars entirely. I will never stop speaking highly of Rimworld.

xion1088

So "all" the B19 mods will work on 1.0? One thing I wish that was implemented it being able to haul raw food and animal products out of prisons.

Kiame

Just for some clarification. The steps discussing moving the mods from 294100 to mods. Is this because that's where workshop mods will be going with 1.0?

Kirby23590

I hope it was worth for buying this game back in 2016 or 2017?

& i must say... It was worth it, thank you for this game!

So what are your future plans, Tynan?

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Firestonezz

Quote from: Kiame on October 07, 2018, 12:36:12 AM
Just for some clarification. The steps discussing moving the mods from 294100 to mods. Is this because that's where workshop mods will be going with 1.0?

The "\common\RimWorld\Mods" folder basically serves as the offline backup copy that won't get automatically updated when the mods are updated in the Steam Workshop.

Any mods installed manually (e.g. not from Steam Workshop) are normally installed here. Putting mods into this folder also allows you to play with them offline, whereas mods in the "\workshop\content\294100" require an internet connection.

Default workshop mod location shouldn't be changing with the release of 1.0. This is just a way to prevent frustration from having mods auto-update and break saves.

Kiame

Quote from: Firestonezz on October 07, 2018, 01:04:51 AM
Quote from: Kiame on October 07, 2018, 12:36:12 AM

The "\common\RimWorld\Mods" folder basically serves as the offline backup copy that won't get automatically updated when the mods are updated in the Steam Workshop.

Any mods installed manually (e.g. not from Steam Workshop) are normally installed here. Putting mods into this folder also allows you to play with them offline, whereas mods in the "\workshop\content\294100" require an internet connection.

Default workshop mod location shouldn't be changing with the release of 1.0. This is just a way to prevent frustration from having mods auto-update and break saves.

Lol ok. He just means for those playing B19 saves. I was worried i'd have to somehow change where all my mods were going to go. I like being able to develop in the mods folder while letting steam do its own thing in 294100

Th3_D00D3

I bought the game after seeing Scott Manley on youtube play Alpha 2, which I too played for around ~70h. I thought I had gotten my money worth of gameplay out of this fantastic game.
I was amazed at the introduction of the temperature mechanics, shocked by the removal of the fear mechanics (I loved the cages), confused why my walls didn't contain wires anymore at some point. This game has now served me more than 450h of fun, and I bet it will continue to do so in the future.
I love the modding community, the friendly people in the forums, the Steam Workshop, the stories that just happen and how the game developed.

Thank you Tynan for your awesome work, thank you ludeon team for your awesome contribution to this awesome game. I'm glad to be a part of it!

harpo99999

tynan, may you have the BEST of luck with the release
from a determined kickstarter(and have been enjoying rimworld since BEFORE mods (but the mods have increased the enjoyment of rimworld))

5thHorseman

Quote from: xion1088 on October 07, 2018, 12:31:08 AM
So "all" the B19 mods will work on 1.0?

No. The instructions in that blog post are to put your Steam mods into a folder where they won't get auto-updated to 1.0, when you yourself keep playing b19 because you followed the first step in that 2-step plan.

If you let Steam update you to 1.0, some of your mods will stop working until they upgrade to 1.0
If you keep Steam on 0.19, some of your mods will stop working when they upgrade to 1.0
If you keep Steam on 0.19 and copy all your mods into the game's mods folder, they will not be upgraded by Steam and you can keep on keeping on.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

tokizr

Hey Tynan, I would like to congratulate you and the whole team with this mazing milestone.
RimWorld has sure come a long way since I bought it back in alpha 11. You have created something really special, that I will keep coming back to for years to come.

Thank you so much for all these years of dedication to a great product!

lowdegger

Congrats. Rimworld may not be the best game I've ever played, but- oh wait yes it is.

Golden

Crow_T

great post, it adds a lot of clarity to the update process. Also, congrats on the big release!
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20