Blog post: RimWorld 1.0 will be released October 17

Started by Tynan, October 06, 2018, 11:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edeal

Its been a long way since I first started to play this game back in 2014. At this time I already enjoyed playing the game so much and amongst all those early acces games I have RimWorld is by far the one with the best development.

I'm really happy for you and your staff to finally get to this 1.0
And congrats to the awesome mod community and all of those who contributed to make this game what it is now.

magicbush

A great birthday present to me  :). My birthday is the 16th lol. Congrats Tynan.

Franklin

Does a content lock include sound effects, music and iconification/UI assets? Always felt the buttons, menus, etc. were a little alpha-looking still.

Either way, I've sunk more time into this game than most games I buy, and it's made it to my top 10 all-timers without so much as a shrug. Genuinely happy with it, and wouldn't hesitate on any future DLCs, etc.

Actarion

Arsonik

It's been a long road, glad to see a gold version finally. Thanks for all the hard work.

Bolty

Great work on this fantastic game Tynan and congrats on the release of the first "proper" version!

I was first hooked into RimWorld about 2 years ago and I'm still hooked today. I can't wait to play 1.0!

tojosan

Congratulations to you and the team.
This game is one I was speculating on for a while before buying.
I can say it should have sooner.
Definitely been a good investment for time/cost.

Bakar

can't believe this game is gonna be officially released...It only feels like yesterday when my colony got ovetrun with squirrels in b16
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

viperwasp

I'm very happy for you Tynan and all the other Devs. Ison and to be honest I don't know the whole team by name. Thanks for making this game. The only thing I care about are bug patches. So please release at least a couple if not more solid bug fixes over the next little while to several months etc.

I feel Vanilla Rimworld is an amazing game. And we all know the dedicated modders will be around. It's going to be sweet finally playing a final version where mods don't have to be changed rapidly. I'm sure even patches may make some mods need updated. But it will be small updates where the modder only needs to change a few things. So we can finally start to get well patched mods as well. Instead of now where half the work that goes into mods is just to keep them updated with the most recent version of Rimworld.

I wonder if Tynan has plans for another game? But please once again beat the bugs to death before starting a whole new project!

•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

lokilog

As someone who's been around since 0.13.1135, I've been amazed seeing RimWorld grow and change. Every new content addition has sparked new interest in me to play the game once more. I have no doubt that the release will do that same. There will never be a time when I won't smile at replaying an older version, looking at how things have changed. Looking forward to seeing any future projects you might work on.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Andy_Dandy

Never before has the world had so few to thank for such a huge and marvelous game!

legendary

I hope that moders will take care of lack of content in-game. A bit sad to see development finish, but hey, I hope Tynan will come up with something new and interesting! GG Tynan, GG.
StarCraft | WarZone 2100 | Civilization | RimWorld | Homeworld - games that deserve your time of life.

Ruisuki

oh no! that means the price bump is coming. I needed it to wait until after christmas

Kirby23590

Well i have to tell my friends about it as well, before the price goes up! ;D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.