Blog post: RimWorld 1.0 will be released October 17

Started by Tynan, October 06, 2018, 11:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudoken

Congratulations to you and the rest of your team. Cant believe Rimworld is finally done. Definetly a game that is not gonna be forgotten.
You are a rolemodel for the industry btw :)

Is there any plans for ludeon studios future yet? After maybe a well deserved break^^
Cant wait to see your next project, and support you.

BlackSmokeDMax

Congrats Tynan.

I have received a LOT of enjoyment from this game, really appreciate the work and commitment of you and your team.

Tankh

Congratulations Tynan & colleagues. This really is a Masterwork Game you've produced.

Thank you also for including two of my base screenshots for your game presentation. It makes me happy everytime I think of it =)

I expect RimWorld to Grab all GOTY awards this year! (And then Factorio can claim all GOTY awards next year!)

ison

legendary

ison it would be lovely to hear your side of the story about working on rimworld. Maybe Hacker News worth story :)
StarCraft | WarZone 2100 | Civilization | RimWorld | Homeworld - games that deserve your time of life.

ruddthree

Been here since A12. It's amazing how far this game has come!

ison

@legendary That could be interesting. There have been some interesting things about working on RimWorld, though mostly it's just programming and implementing stuff several hours per day. But in a nutshell it's been a great and smooth collaboration.

Zombull

Thanks for all your hard work, Tynan. You made a great game. An evil time bandit but a great game.

Deer87

I just wanna chime in an the congratulations. It's a great game with amazing complexity and high replay value.
I joined around Alpha 14 i think, and back then it was already a good game. What it has grown to is amazing.

Given the little time i have to game (babies does that to ones sparetime), it will probably be some time before i try out the big 1.0, but then my favorite mods should be updated too.

Congrats with the release, and damn you Time-thief!

BugPowderDust

Been around since Oct 2014, Alpha 7. It's the best $30 I ever spent, the amount of time I've spent enjoying this game is incalculable.

Congrats to Tynan and the team, this is a huge success!

FlameBlood

It was a long journey - and, I hope, even longer lies ahead.
I wish the whole Rimworld team and Tynan personally best of luck. Hey, will we hear about any new amazing games from Ludeon studios? :)

Jan2607

Tynan, I want to say thank you for all the fun I have and will have in the future with RimWorld. I'm playing the game since Alpha 9 I think, and it was a long journey with over 1,000 hours on Steam and hundreds of hours besides Steam. I played a few early access games since then, but RimWorld is the very first of these games, that will finally get the 1.0 version out :)
You achieved something, that not very much early access games will do. Congratulations!

On the other hand I am a bit sad to await the 1.0. A part of the fun of playing RimWorld was always the excitement to try out a new Alpha version. I always had to adapt to a new play style and to figure out the new mechanics. I really enjoyed it and it makes me a bit sad to know, that no more content updates will happen. But I also know that modders still will make the unexpected happen :D

Tynan, I really hope to hear about new stuff from you, whether it will be a completly new game or a RimWorld 2.0. I wish you and your team the best of luck!

Psyra

Well, Tynan, you're finally here. Just out of kindness' sake, we slotted in some Recreation time in your schedule for you. Use it. A few beers never hurt anyone! ;)

prayedlizard

This game is amazing! And the best part is the full release is on my birthday couldn't ask for a better present!!

vzoxz0

QuoteWell, Tynan, you're finally here. Just out of kindness' sake, we slotted in some Recreation time in your schedule for you. Use it. A few beers never hurt anyone! ;)

Tynan has Chemical Fascination trait. He's going to need a new ... everything ... after your suggested beer fuelled rampage!