[1.0] Faction Manager (4-11-2018)

Started by TGPArcher, October 08, 2018, 06:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGPArcher

Description:
You have to many colonies and its getting harder day by day to manage all of them? Have you ever wanted to build a strong faction and to control large amounts of land like normal factions do but you could not manage more than some colonies at a time? Then this mod is for you.
This mod lets you unload("freeze") any colony so you can focus on your other colonies. Need something from that colony? No problem, load it again and play like nothing happened.
This mod is great if you have a lot of colonists and want to some of them to found a new colony, to be able to devote your full attention to that colony you can unload your other colonies and play on the new one, need help with some raid or with resources during a toxic fallout? Just load the maps you previously unloaded and send help. This way you can build a real faction.
Last but not least, want to have a prison colony where you can butcher other people, harvest their organs, make hats and your other colonies to not get the debuff, then this mod is really for you. Just unload all colonies but this one and torture shall begin, when you are done you can load other colonies again and continue your work.

Issues:

• None that I know so far, please report if you find something not working properly

Set Up Camp Mod:
Syrchalis made a great job(thank you) at improving Set Up Camp, map events, new seeds and new settings. If you do want to have some extra protection around your colonies build an Outpost, when there is no need to focus on that outpost just unload it. Makes the game much immersive for me.
With Faction Manager-SetUpCamp submod you can unload Caravan Camps added by Set Up Camp Mod by Syrchalis.
Just make sure to load it after Faction Manager and SetUpCamp.
Syrchalis' Mods

Author
TGPArcher

Download
[1.0]
GitHub FactionManager(1.4)
GitHub FactionManager-SetUpCamp(1.3)
[B19](it has some issues which have been fixed in 1.0)
FactionManager Dropbox
FactionManager-SetUpCamp Dropbox

Compatibility:
This mod is compatible with existing saves, it does not require you to start a new game.

License:
Do what you want, but give the author credit.

onerous1

So do all colonies share the same date and time even when 'on hold'? Or can you advance one colony to a certain time and unpause another colony in 'the past' so to speak?

J.BEAR

hot damn this is just what i need!
i have a few idle outposts used only for long range drop pod trading... only got a few pod launchers + walled up survival meal storage.
have you test it extensively with "Set Up Camp" mod?
Imma give it a go, will let you know if i encounter anything.
thanks

RyanRim

Just came back to game, great mod. I need that as I make a lot of semi-useless colonies and cant keep track. Cause y'know you always run out of steel in the end.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

J.BEAR

nope.. set-up-camp mod maps do not show up on the list
would it be easy to make them show up on the list?
i need to unload my shitty outposts.. pretty please ? lol

TGPArcher

Quote from: onerous1 on October 08, 2018, 10:17:08 PM
So do all colonies share the same date and time even when 'on hold'? Or can you advance one colony to a certain time and unpause another colony in 'the past' so to speak?

Because you have a faction every colony shares time,research,registered logs etc. When you unload a colony and play for a time (ex you complete the whole research tree and spend 1 year in game) when you'll load it again it will have the research tree completed and time will be advanced by 1 year, but all the things will be as you left them

TGPArcher

Quote from: J.BEAR on October 09, 2018, 01:34:59 AM
hot damn this is just what i need!
i have a few idle outposts used only for long range drop pod trading... only got a few pod launchers + walled up survival meal storage.
have you test it extensively with "Set Up Camp" mod?
Imma give it a go, will let you know if i encounter anything.
thanks

For now this mod is showing only colonies. But as a "Set Up Camp" mod user myself I plan to include support for camps too, or at last make a sub-mod to not create additional dependencies.

J.BEAR

Quote from: TGPArcher on October 09, 2018, 08:00:06 AM
For now this mod is showing only colonies. But as a "Set Up Camp" mod user myself I plan to include support for camps too, or at last make a sub-mod to not create additional dependencies.
awesome! will keep track of this

TGPArcher

Quote from: J.BEAR on October 09, 2018, 11:55:42 AM
awesome! will keep track of this

Now you can unload your outposts, check the description for details. Have fun ;)

J.BEAR

Quote from: TGPArcher on October 14, 2018, 03:43:19 PM
Now you can unload your outposts, check the description for details. Have fun ;)

awesome! cheers mang.

J.BEAR

yup just got a man in black appear after caravan unloaded from map
( hes a fast walker + wimp tho... kinda shitty)

if anyone else using [KV] weapon storage, remember to empty guns + deconstruct all weapon storage boxes before unloading the (Set-Up-Camp) map. It throws error and the unload will fail.
Don't think you need to look into it as his mod has some pocket dimension witchcraft going on in the background, and the workaround is easy enough.

TGPArcher

Quote from: J.BEAR on October 15, 2018, 10:28:11 AM
yup just got a man in black appear after caravan unloaded from map
( hes a fast walker + wimp tho... kinda shitty)

if anyone else using [KV] weapon storage, remember to empty guns + deconstruct all weapon storage boxes before unloading the (Set-Up-Camp) map. It throws error and the unload will fail.
Don't think you need to look into it as his mod has some pocket dimension witchcraft going on in the background, and the workaround is easy enough.

I'll fix the man in black event in the [1.0] release as it is close.
And I would be glad to look at the error log, maybe its something which comes from Faction Manager because it is not error free, with dev options enabled you can see some errors/warnings but they are harmless, the game is throwing them because it was not designed to unload maps. I can assure you that you won't lose pawns/buildings/things etc, the only things that can rarely be lost are some background logs which are not seen in game.
Normally it should be compatible with any mod.

J.BEAR

Quote from: TGPArcher on October 15, 2018, 10:44:04 AM
I'll fix the man in black event in the [1.0] release as it is close.
And I would be glad to look at the error log, maybe its something which comes from Faction Manager because it is not error free, with dev options enabled you can see some errors/warnings but they are harmless, the game is throwing them because it was not designed to unload maps. I can assure you that you won't lose pawns/buildings/things etc, the only things that can rarely be lost are some background logs which are not seen in game.
Normally it should be compatible with any mod.

i repeatedly load and unload camp maps a few times, its working fine.
just had to deconstruct the KV weapon storage on the map.

dunno if you can just make a block event (man-in-black) timer for like a few in-game hours.
and also, the pawns and some farm animal I just unloaded showed up in a raider base... guess the game considers them abandoned (caravan map).

heres the code when map unload fails due to KV weapon storage box exist on map

Exception while saving map: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at WeaponStorage.BuildingUtil.FindThingsOfTypeNextTo<Verse.ThingWithComps> (Verse.Map,Verse.IntVec3,int) <0x0005a>
at WeaponStorage.Building_WeaponStorage.ReclaimWeapons () <0x00079>
at WeaponStorage.Patch_ScribeSaver_InitSaving.Prefix () <0x00084>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.ScribeSaver.InitSaving_Patch1 (object,string,string) <0x00032>
at Verse.SafeSaver.DoSave (string,string,System.Action) <0x00042>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
FactionManager.PersistenceUtility:SaveMap(Map, String)
FactionManager.PersistenceUtility:UnloadMap(Map, String, Boolean)
FactionManager_SetUpCamp.<>c__DisplayClass1_0:<DrawOutpostRow>b__2()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

TGPArcher

Quote from: J.BEAR on October 15, 2018, 11:19:52 AM
i repeatedly load and unload camp maps a few times, its working fine.
just had to deconstruct the KV weapon storage on the map.

dunno if you can just make a block event (man-in-black) timer for like a few in-game hours.
and also, the pawns and some farm animal I just unloaded showed up in a raider base... guess the game considers them abandoned (caravan map).

heres the code when map unload fails due to KV weapon storage box exist on map

The man in black event is no problem.
1) so, if I got it right, the colonists you unloaded showed up in the game as enemies? same stats? same names?
2) from the log you provided it seems that KV Mod is changing the normal flow of the game, especially when saving, and my mod is based on already in game functions, this might be the cause. I'll look forward into it after I solve the more pressing issues :)

J.BEAR

Quote from: TGPArcher on October 15, 2018, 03:00:35 PM
The man in black event is no problem.
1) so, if I got it right, the colonists you unloaded showed up in the game as enemies? same stats? same names?
2) from the log you provided it seems that KV Mod is changing the normal flow of the game, especially when saving, and my mod is based on already in game functions, this might be the cause. I'll look forward into it after I solve the more pressing issues :)

ya, they showed up as enemy, same custom name. the game considered them lost caravan that's why.
my bet is on if you could somehow unload pawns + pet animals into a suspended space from game ticks and not trigger their names to show up in the "Caravan Lost" pop up.

KV weapon storage save weapons in a pocket space..  simply deconstruct the storage box on map about to unload. it'll still work if you have storage box on your main base.
i don't think you need to worry about it, the workaround is simple enough. just mark it down as incompatible.

OR players can simply evacuate all pawn and animals into a caravan before map unloads and saved with only dead objects / items. works flawlessly and no mod conflict this way.

----------------
Incompatible Mods:
[KV] Weapon Storage - deconstruct storage box and repair box on map before unloading. evacuate pawns with custom weapon loadout to worldmap.

cheers man, now i can focus on my new main base for a few years ;)