[1.0] Faction Manager (4-11-2018)

Started by TGPArcher, October 08, 2018, 06:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGPArcher

Updated to 1.3
(I highly recommend updating)

• Fixed passing pawns to world when saving a map, thus leading to some duplicate errors which made the game messy and some mods function improperly
  • Added a new preview image:)

Big thanks to mospidatru because he made this important fix possible

mospidatru

Quote from: J.BEAR on October 15, 2018, 11:19:52 AM
heres the code when map unload fails due to KV weapon storage box exist on map

Exception while saving map: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at WeaponStorage.BuildingUtil.FindThingsOfTypeNextTo<Verse.ThingWithComps> (Verse.Map,Verse.IntVec3,int) <0x0005a>
at WeaponStorage.Building_WeaponStorage.ReclaimWeapons () <0x00079>
at WeaponStorage.Patch_ScribeSaver_InitSaving.Prefix () <0x00084>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.ScribeSaver.InitSaving_Patch1 (object,string,string) <0x00032>
at Verse.SafeSaver.DoSave (string,string,System.Action) <0x00042>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
FactionManager.PersistenceUtility:SaveMap(Map, String)
FactionManager.PersistenceUtility:UnloadMap(Map, String, Boolean)
FactionManager_SetUpCamp.<>c__DisplayClass1_0:<DrawOutpostRow>b__2()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

@TGPArcher i am make pull request on github with support this mod
https://github.com/TGPArcher/FactionManager/pull/1

TGPArcher

Updated to 1.4

Thanks again to mospidatru for his contribution

Bunkier

R e h a n

uhh i got issue when playing 1.0.2231 (yea steam auto update) when i load colonies that i unloaded in 2219 (or what ever 1 update before 2231) , suddenly colony GUI disappear, many pawn cannot find their pawns and when i click world, all of GUI is dissappearing and the only ways i get out is from task manager. pls help ASAP
heres the log:
Exception filling window for FactionManager.MainTabWindow_Colonies: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FactionManager.ColoniesManagerTabDef+<>c.<DrawManagerRect>b__0_0 (RimWorld.Planet.Settlement settlement) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RimWorld.Planet.Settlement].FindAllStackBits (System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RimWorld.Planet.Settlement].FindAll (System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FactionManager.ColoniesManagerTabDef.DrawManagerRect (Rect outRect, UnityEngine.Vector2& scrollPosition, System.Single& scrollViewHeight) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FactionManager.MainTabWindow_Colonies.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)
and my mods are:
li>ModCheck</li>

<li>Core</li>

<li>HugsLib</li>

<li>JecsTools</li>

<li>Prison Labor</li>

<li>Faction Manager</li>

<li>Humanoid Alien Races 2.0</li>

<li>Simple sidearms</li>

<li>Adeptus Mechanicus: Armoury R1.0</li>

<li>Adeptus Mechanicus Magos Xenobiologis R1.0</li>

<li>[CP] Red Horse Furniture (1.0)</li>

<li>Faction Discovery</li>

<li>More Faction Interaction</li>

<li>Rimatomics</li>

<li>VGP Vegetable Garden</li>

<li>VGP Garden Gourmet</li>

<li>VGP Garden Drinks</li>

<li>Smokeleaf Industry</li>

<li>Locks</li>

<li>RunAndGun</li>

<li>Project Armory 1.2</li>

<li>[1.0] Android tiers</li>

<li>[XND] Proper Shotguns</li>

<li>What the hack?!</li>

<li>Ushanka! 1.0.0</li>

<li>[T4] Stalin's Weapon Pack</li>

<li>RT's Weapon Pack Reloaded (1.0)</li>

<li>Ni'Hal 1.0</li>

<li>Quarry</li>

<li>Frontline - Trenches</li>

<li>Real Ruins</li>

<li>[CP] Rimmu-Nation - Clothing (All Craftable!) (1.0)</li>

<li>Flags and Banners</li>

<li>Crystalloid (Rewrite)</li>

<li>Reich Armory [1.0]</li>

<li>Android tiers HellDrone-Extension </li>

<li>[CP] Rimmu-Nation - Weapons (1.0)</li>

<li>Rimsenal</li>

<li>MendAndRecycle</li>

<li>Rimsenal - Security pack</li>

<li>Rimsenal - Federation</li>

<li>GouRIMet</li>

<li>Dubs Bad Hygiene</li>

<li>MiningCo. Alert speaker</li>

<li>Advanced Biomes</li>

<li>Mod Manager</li>

<li>GlitterWorld Prime [Unstable]</li>

<li>PhiClient</li>

<li>Rambo Weapons Pack</li>

<li>[XND] TE Turret Expansion</li>

<li>[XND] Turret Extensions</li>

<li>[Ods] Third Reich - Uniforms </li>

<li>Religions of Rimworld</li>

<li>Half-Rim 2</li>

<li>Definitely More Cannons</li>

<li>[RH] Faction: Umbra Company (1.0)</li>

<li>[RH] Faction: Militaires Sans Frontieres (1.0)</li>

<li>[CP] Metal Gear Solid - CQC Takedown (1.0)</li>

<li>[RH] Faction: The Ghosts (1.0)</li>

<li>[Ods] Kaiser Reich's Imperial Army - Apparel</li>

<li>1- UN-Colony [1.0]</li>

<li>2- UN-Furniture [1.0]</li>

<li>American Civil War Weapons 1.0.0</li>

<li>Apparel Gizmos From Comps [V1]</li>

<li>Suicide Vest [V1]</li>

<li>[1.0] Combat Shields</li>

<li>Gas Traps And Shells</li>

<li>Prisoner Capture and Manipulation</li>

<li>[CP] Rimmu-Nation - Clothing (1.0)</li>

<li>Tiberium Rim Factions</li>

<li>RIMMSLoadUp</li>

<li>[1.0] Defenses Expanded</li>

<li>FrameRateControl</li>

<li>Questionable Ethics</li>

<li>Soviet Armory [1.0]</li>

<li>Startup impact</li>

<li>Combat Training</li>

<li>Submunition Projectiles</li>

<li>Death Rattle</li>

<li>Disasters</li>

<li>Rimefeller</li>

<li>[Ods] SCP Early Access (READ DESC)</li>

</modNames>

TGPArcher

Quote from: R e h a n on April 08, 2019, 05:00:23 AM
uhh i got issue when playing 1.0.2231 (yea steam auto update) when i load colonies that i unloaded in 2219 (or what ever 1 update before 2231) , suddenly colony GUI disappear, many pawn cannot find their pawns and when i click world, all of GUI is dissappearing and the only ways i get out is from task manager. pls help ASAP

Sadly I don't have the means and time to reproduce the error you are having. But I would do the following things if I was in your place.
1) reinstall the mod
2) put it lower on the priority list

ErikMcAwful

This mod is fantastic, but it suffers a bit from not being updated. It works if you really want it to work, but one can expect halts and hiccups often. Any chance of this ever seeing an update?

diegol07

Skynert

Question before i download. I have set up camp. Do I need to download this from topic and delete my version or what?

Tocato

Quote from: TGPArcher on October 09, 2018, 07:56:11 AM
Quote from: onerous1 on October 08, 2018, 10:17:08 PM
So do all colonies share the same date and time even when 'on hold'? Or can you advance one colony to a certain time and unpause another colony in 'the past' so to speak?

Because you have a faction every colony shares time,research,registered logs etc. When you unload a colony and play for a time (ex you complete the whole research tree and spend 1 year in game) when you'll load it again it will have the research tree completed and time will be advanced by 1 year, but all the things will be as you left them
do loaded colonies and their respective colonists age? Or does the freeze apply to them? Would be problematic for colonists who spawned together to have an age difference after some time before being unloaded

Ruisuki

Quote from: Tocato on September 24, 2019, 06:43:01 PM
Quote from: TGPArcher on October 09, 2018, 07:56:11 AM
Quote from: onerous1 on October 08, 2018, 10:17:08 PM
So do all colonies share the same date and time even when 'on hold'? Or can you advance one colony to a certain time and unpause another colony in 'the past' so to speak?

Because you have a faction every colony shares time,research,registered logs etc. When you unload a colony and play for a time (ex you complete the whole research tree and spend 1 year in game) when you'll load it again it will have the research tree completed and time will be advanced by 1 year, but all the things will be as you left them
do loaded colonies and their respective colonists age? Or does the freeze apply to them? Would be problematic for colonists who spawned together to have an age difference after some time before being unloaded
im also wondering this

samordsa

I uploaded the mod to steam for those whom are interested... have notified TGPArcher github of it... sadly it seems for the moment there will be no more updates to the mod currently. 

If I must take it down just let me know both Set Up Camp Mod and Faction Manager 1.4

Hydromancerx

Wiseman05

Made an account specifically to ask about this Mod (Though I'm thinking of sticking around since I got like, 3,000+ hours in Rimworld already).

Are there any plans to update this to 1.1? Currently, it's my #1 essential mod and is the only reason I haven't updated from 1.0 since my current playstyle is making large colonies, and then shuffling a good chunk of members off into other colonies all centered around themes and ideas and rinsing and repeating. It has great synergy with More Faction Interaction, Faction Control, and from what I tested, the 1.0 version of Empire that was recently released. All of those coupled together turn Rimworld into an entirely new game and is really the biggest contributor to my longevity in playing it.

Piotrov

Just Registered for this mod. Would also love for this to get an 1.1 update.