[1.0] Small Power Cell

Started by Thom Blair III, August 23, 2018, 06:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thom Blair III

[1.0] Small Power Cell

A small lightweight portable waterproof power cell that generates 10,000 W of power and can be turned on and off. Located in the Architect's Power tab.

Fully save compatible. Please report any errors.

Steam Workshop
Dropbox
Older versions and all my other Rimworld mods on Dropbox
I was surprised to read about Angkor Thom in Cambodia. I looked up what "Thom" means and it's "big" or "great", so my avatar icon is ធំ which is "Thom" in Khmer.

Thom Blair III

I was surprised to read about Angkor Thom in Cambodia. I looked up what "Thom" means and it's "big" or "great", so my avatar icon is ធំ which is "Thom" in Khmer.

spyderwebsc

The extracted files from the dropbox zip file show up in Windows Explorer as encrypted (highlighted in green). Why are they encrypted?

The zipfile contains a folder called __MACOSX. What is it and why is it encrypted and in the zipfile?

I,also, got an Encrypting File System prompt asking if I want to backup my certificate and key as soon as I extracted the zip file.

Small Power Cell for B19 is the same way.

They were downloaded 5 Oct.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

spyderwebsc,
What do you think MAC OS X could mean ? :-)
MAC for Macintosh, OS for Operation system, X for 10.
These are files for Apple's Mac user, basicly you can ignore them as windows user.

Thom Blair III

I have no idea what those files are. They are not visible in my files system, but I do not have "hidden files" showing...so, I assume, they are some kind of system files. Those are the kinds of files OSX hides normally.

spyderwebsc

Quote from: Canute on October 07, 2018, 03:46:45 AM
These are files for Apple's Mac user, basicly you can ignore them as windows user.

Pretty hard to ignore them when they cause this (see attachment below) to pop up in the middle of your screen.

Quote from: Thom Blair III on October 07, 2018, 08:29:44 AM
I have no idea what those files are. They are not visible in my files system, but I do not have "hidden files" showing...so, I assume, they are some kind of system files. Those are the kinds of files OSX hides normally.

Couple links you might find informative:

https://steemit.com/technology/@stmongo/mac-zip-compress-without-macosx-folder

https://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/general-software/create-zip-files-without-any-mac-specific-extras-inside/

[attachment deleted due to age]

Thom Blair III

Spyderwebsc,
I didn't do anything other than use the normal OSX Finder's "compress folder" method (https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25411?locale=en_US) of making the zip files, so I don't know why they are showing up as encrypted.

Thanks also for the info about the zipping programs that make cleaner zip files...I'll definitely check into these. 👍

spyderwebsc

Quote from: Thom Blair III on October 07, 2018, 07:03:02 PM

Spyderwebsc,
I didn't do anything other than use the normal OSX Finder's "compress folder" method (https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25411?locale=en_US) of making the zip files, so I don't know why they are showing up as encrypted.

Thanks also for the info about the zipping programs that make cleaner zip files...I'll definitely check into these.

This is why Windows marks the files as encrypted.

I've, also, found out why no one else has posted about this problem. You have to be using the Professional version and higher of Windows 2000, xp, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. Windows 10 Education version would also be affected. Windows Home versions, apparently, disregard the _MACOSX , .DS_Store, and ._.DS_Store files.

I'm using Win 7 Pro. I did a clean install, fully updated, at the end of August when I installed an SSD. This problem has been known for awhile and you would think either Apple or Microsoft would provide a patch to fix it.

I'll try some things on my end and see if I can remove the encryption flag from the files.

Canute

I use Win10 Pro too and don't got this message
I think you activate some kind of auto. backup or volume encryptiion.

spyderwebsc

Quote from: Canute on October 08, 2018, 09:39:39 AM
I use Win10 Pro too and don't got this message
I think you activate some kind of auto. backup or volume encryptiion.

Maybe they finally fixed the issue in Win 10 Pro, I'm just going by what I read in a Wikipedia article.

Auto what?
When I do a backup, I just clone the HDD to another HDD and remove it from the system. No encryption involved. Plus I haven't done a backup of this drive yet.

If a volume was encrypted all the files and folders would display in green when you view them in Windows Explorer not just one folder. Just as if I compressed a volume all the files and folders would display in blue.

Thom Blair III

Spyderwebsc,
Thanks for pointing all this out. I've now cleaned up all my zip files in Dropbox, so any new downloads shouldn't have any hidden OSX files in them.

If anyone wants the OSX Terminal commands to clean out the unwanted OSX files, just use this command line in the directory with all the zip files in it:for file in *.zip; do zip -d "$file" "__MACOSX*"; done; for file in *.zip; do zip -d "$file" "*.DS_Store"; done(Use that as all one command)

You can then check to see if it worked by using unzip -l \*.zip

Canute

Thom Blair III,
you forget one thing spider and me don't use OSX, we use Windows.
And i think maybe 1-2% of window's user use/own unzip.

And i am curious, why does 95% of the mods don't have a special OSX folder like you made at your mod ?

Thom Blair III

Quote from: Canute on October 08, 2018, 12:58:26 PM
Thom Blair III,
you forget one thing spider and me don't use OSX, we use Windows.
I realize spider isn't using OSX. I'm only posting those commands for people who make zip files on a Mac using OSX's standard "Compress File" command.

QuoteAnd i think maybe 1-2% of window's user use/own unzip.
The unzip command I gave is meant to be used in OSX's Terminal--Terminal comes with OSX and has unzip as a built-in feature.

And i am curious, why does 95% of the mods don't have a special OSX folder like you made at your mod ?
Mods created in OSX using OSX's standard "Compress File" command will have these hidden, unwanted files automatically created and included in the zip file. So, mods made on other OS's (Windows, Linux) won't have these OSX specific files.

spyderwebsc

Thanks Thom...very much appreciated. Guess we both learned something new.. ;D
As a Windows user I don't get to interact with a Mac user much.

Just an FYI..
I fixed the file on my end by:
Right clicking the zipfile and choose 'open'
Then deleting _MACOSX folder and .DS_Store in the other folders in the zipfile
Close the file and then extract the zipfile, it will still show the extracted folder as encrypted
Then right click the folder that was created when you extracted the zipfile and (near the bottom of the menu that pops up) click on 'advanced'
In the menu that pops up uncheck 'encrypt contents to secure data'
Click ok or apply and if it asks to apply the setting to all sub-folders and files click yes.
And you're almost done.
Type certmgr.msc in the Windows start menu search box and click on certmgr.msc in the results of the search
In the certmgr box expand the 'personal' folder and double click certificates and delete the contents. Do the same for the 'trusted people' folder.
And you're good to go.