This is off to a great start...

Started by Ncates1234, October 08, 2018, 01:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ncates1234

https://imgur.com/rnPmjQa

You know what I love the most about Rimworld?

"Zzztt..."
Messages.

dearmad

Image kind of small... What's the gripe or the funny?

Dargaron

You can click on the image to make it bigger. At least on a laptop.

And it looks like he got a Zzztt event within the first few days of the colony. I'm not sure why that's surprising.

Shurp

He doesn't even have a battery yet.  So the zzzzt did no damage.

Oh, and he doesn't even have any electrical devices drawing power.  He got some windmills up and the power blew instantaneously before he even had a chance to build anything else.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

zizard

Two windmills for three colonists is massive overkill too.

5thHorseman

Not to mention that Zzzt is the Diet Coke of bad events.

Just one calorie, not bad enough of an event.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

B@R5uk

Shot circuit happens without batteries now, as it should. But first time it happened for me, I was surprised too. Also some electric devices like electric stove (which I tested myself) will shot lock under rain. Good news is this event now so rare you can almost forget about it existence. But it can and will happen at the most inappropriate time.

Shurp

Since the batteries were nerfed, it's hard to have enough batteries to get a decent explosion that sets a few colonists on fire and half your base because you forgot to replace your starting wood construction with stone.

The zzzt event should really hit a battery so you at least lose 2 components from it... and maybe more if neighboring batteries blow too!
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Ncates1234

Oof's... I always avoided batteries ever since "Stuffed batteries" went out of date. Damn I miss those plasteel batties...
Which is why I built 2 wind gens to support upcoming workbenches full time.

Hearing about new short circuit mechanic is scaring me...

b0rsuk

I had a zzzt on a wood-powered generator. It simply started a fire.

Kirby23590

Zzzzztt...

You know what that means?

Time for getting those fuseboxes ready!

Or you could keep playing and fighting those fires, i had a bad time when a zzzzt happened and made my storage explode which had mortar shells & chemfuel in it...
Whoops!! Fun times!! ;D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

TheMeInTeam

I still advocate against building conduits.

5thHorseman

I tried the whole not building conduits thing but kept getting annoyed that I couldn't place powered things where I wanted and instead had to put them where they were close enough to something that had enough spare power.

I'd rather have a nicely laid out workroom and a 5 second fire a couple times a year than power generators scattered willy nilly all over the place and clusters of benches around them.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

SystemDC

That isn't as bad as getting a heatwave in an arid shrubland a day after you land. Sometimes Randy is a pain in the ass.

bbqftw

Zzt with consistent power source like mill/chemfuel/geo is trivial anyways, literally 1-2 tiles at worst