[1.1] Traits : Corpse Handling 1.0

Started by DanielCoffey, April 30, 2020, 12:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielCoffey

DESCRIPTION

Since seeing corpses and managing moods is such a major part of Rimworld, I wanted to create a mod that would allow Pawns such as the Colony Doctor or Tribal Shaman to have the strength of mind to view and handle corpses without suffering negative effects.

While Pawns with Bloodlust, Cannibal and Psychopath can already do this in certain circumstances, those Traits come as a package with other abilities which might not be desirable from a role-playing point of view.

This mod adds the following two Traits...

• Desensitized : NAME has seen too many people die and finds it normal now. HE is still disgusted by the thought of handling rotting corpses however.
  • Totally Desensitized : NAME has seen far too many people die and finds it normal now. Even rotting corpses do not affect HIM.

The first Trait is somewhat uncommon (0.8 weighting) and the second is rather rare (0.4 weighting). Of course with EdB Prepare Carefully you can easily pick a specific Trait to allocate to a chosen Pawn.

DOWNLOADS

1.0 : Steam / FTP (320Kb)

DEPENDENCIES

None

CONFLICTS

None known although Cannibal Party and Cannibal Party+ already turn off the ObservedLayingCorpse and ObservedLayingRottingCorpse moodlets for all Pawns.

TECHNICAL

This mod is written using xpath in order to cause as few conflicts as possible. It creates two new TraitDefs called DC_Desensitized and DC_TotallyDesensitized. It contains a Patch that uses PatchOperationAdd to insert the new TraitDefs into the list of nullifyingTraits for the ObservedLayingCorpse and ObservedLayingRottingCorpse ThoughtDefs. It should not conflict with any mod that has been written with xpath in mind.

PERMISSIONS

You may update or alter this mod, put it in a Mod Compilation or merge it into any other mod without seeking permission. You may upload this mod on any site that supports Rimworld modding.
Caselabs S8 : Intel 7700K 5.0GHz 1.30V / 32Gb DDR4 3000 / ASUS 780 Ti 3Gb 1274 boost, 7800 mem / Samsung 850 Pro 256Gb, 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb / Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX860I / APC SMT1000I / Linux Mint 18.1 64-bit