Graphics: Present vs. Future

Started by AlpinePlain, November 01, 2013, 05:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlpinePlain

Let me just say that the current graphics of this game are one of the big factors in what drew me into it. I really enjoy the simplicity of them, and they really fit with the game for me. But I know that they aren't final and will eventually be replaced by other graphics. Which scares me. Now, I'm not scared that the new graphics will not look good or work with the game. I'm almost certain that they will. But I feel that they won't be as comfortable as the current graphics (for me, at least). What I was thinking was this; when the graphics are eventually updated, integrate into the game the option of being able to choose between the original and the new graphics. Tell me what you guys think. I want to know I have a valid argument, or if I'm just stupid and should shut up.

nomadseifer

Not to worry, read this: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=200.msg3035#msg3035

In general though, I would not expect there to be an option to use an older version of graphics, or anything in the game.  Progress is a good thing. 
Love of an Idea is love of god - FLLW

Produno

That would mean every item would need two sets of textures. A waste of resources.

Spike

Hopefully the graphics system will be set up like Minecraft or Dwarf Fortress, where players can replace the stock graphics easily.

Semmy

Quote from: Spike on November 01, 2013, 07:18:02 PM
Hopefully the graphics system will be set up like Minecraft or Dwarf Fortress, where players can replace the stock graphics easily.

there will be.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

yabbadabbado

Not only that, I'm hoping for module systems for controlling sprite art placement, like where items are, on characters. And then animation sheets for positions on character frames, or even code for it. That'd be great!