Do Resources Regenerate at Friendly Bases?

Started by kclace, October 09, 2018, 07:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kclace

My caravan just bought all of the medicine from a nearby neutral outpost. When I came back a few days later with another caravan, I noticed that there was no medicine available to buy.

Will this outpost ever again have medicine to sell, or am I out of luck?

RimJimMcGee

It should do, yeah: AFAIK outposts refresh their inventories every, uh, some number of days, so they should have medicine at some point in the future, though I don't think a given good is always guaranteed to be available. I'm still on A17 (clinging on to those old familiar saves!), but I can't imagine any reason why that would've changed in the more recent versions.

bbqftw

5thHorseman

Quote from: bbqftw on October 09, 2018, 08:41:49 PM
some number = 30

Is that 30 days after you buy it, or after game start, or every first of winter/summer or spring/fall or something else?
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

vzoxz0

kenmtraveller

That's a base class/virtual function, settlements in the game probably use classes derived from it and they may override the 30 day default.

Quote from: bbqftw on October 09, 2018, 08:41:49 PM
some number = 30

jamaicancastle

Quote from: 5thHorseman on October 09, 2018, 08:45:03 PM
Is that 30 days after you buy it, or after game start, or every first of winter/summer or spring/fall or something else?
I'm fairly certain it's every 30 days although the game might stagger it (i.e., settlement A regenerates on day 15, day 45, day 75..., settlement B on day 6, day 36, day 66...).