[1.0] Definitely More Cannons v1.6 (A bunch more turrets and Composite Alloys)

Started by Faryzal2020, October 11, 2018, 12:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How to delete this poll lol

Idk
0 (0%)
Same
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 15, 2018, 04:49:19 PM

Jan2607

Can you show the maximum range of the gun in circles on the map, or is it not possible, to show both, min range and max range?

Faryzal2020

Quote from: Jan2607 on October 21, 2018, 06:11:58 PM
Can you show the maximum range of the gun in circles on the map, or is it not possible, to show both, min range and max range?
The vanilla rimworld had problem with displaying max range beyond 59 tiles (please tell me if im wrong or if anyone know how to fix it). I've already put the stats information of each turrets in the first page, including min range and max range. But i havent put the stats in the description, i forgot to do that in the v1.3 so it will be included in v1.4
Check out my mod: Definitely More Cannons

Faryzal2020

v1.3.1
Added Advanced Armored Centipede
Tweaked the stats on Armored Centipede
Reconfigured the armor penetration values on AP and HE shells
Some changes on 9.2 Inch Howitzer size and turret drawsize

Faryzal2020

v1.3.2
Changed xpath patching operations to Add from Replace
Reconfigured some centipedes stats
Reconfigured some damageDefs

Faryzal2020

v1.3.3
Changed 37mm Explosive Radius to 1
Increased 37mm Ammo cost
Reduced 40mm Ammo cost
Increased 40mm damage
Reduced 37mm damage
60cm Howitzer texture redrawn

Faryzal2020

v1.4
Fixed 20mm Autocannon uses a wrong bullet thingdef
Fixed 37mm doesnt have explosion effect
Reduced 40mm sound volume
Fixed 288mm Howitzer uses a wrong bullet thingdef
Renamed 120mm shell to APHE
Retextured some of the turrets
Adjusted the accuracy stats of some turrets
Added MenuIcon for each turrets
Added 150mm Naval Gun
Added Twin mounted 12.7cm Naval Gun

Faryzal2020

v1.4.3
Removed the "Changeable Firemode" feature because it didn't work exactly as intended
Added Unmanned 20mm Autocannon
Changed the label name of some turrets and research nodes
Makes all the turrets stuffable with metallic materials
All turrets are now shows up in mod's very own category tab
Adjusted the accuracy of 20mm Autocannon and 6Pdr Cannon, both unmanned and manned
Changed the steel cost and hitpoints of 20mm Autocannon and 6Pdr Cannon
Added patch for XND's Turret Extension features utilization

v1.4.2
Reduced the commonality of mechanoid raid compositions that has armored centipedes on them
Rebalanced the survivability of armored and advanced armored centipedes to a new standard: 4x 6Pdr Cannons should be able to kill 4 armored centipedes and 1 or 2 advanced armored centipedes
Reconfigured the armour penetration stats on most of armour piercing shells and some of high explosive shells
Doubled the base hitpoints of all cannon turrets that has enclosed armor casing on them and increased some that doesn't have them
Reconfigured the radius of the explosion that happens when a turret got destroyed.
Increased the points curve of mechanoid raid rate, mechanoid raid chance of 10% is now happens at 280k points
All of the Naval guns are now cannot be placed under a roof
Increased the accurracy of 6Pdr, 75mm, and 88mm
Removed the explosion effect and explosive damage of 100mm shell to fix the accurracy issues

v1.4.1
Fixed Unmanned 6Pdr Cannon using wrong projectile
Added new "change firing mode" mechanics
Applied the new mechanics for Twin 12.7cm Naval Gun

NoCanDo

Getting a large fps drop with any of these cannons. That normal? During a siege they work fine, but as soon as I install one fo them in my base the game behaves like in a slow-down mode.

moonra

Did you make the new mechanoids drop a certain amount of material stacks [if that is even possible] when disassembled? Because the armored and advanced armored centipede give me insane amounts of specially steel when I do it, the armored one gives me about 3k steel each, IIRC, and the advanced one over 5k. I'm playing with StackXXL so each stack of steel is 750 and I can only imagine that to be the reason.

madexd

The accuracy of the cannons is dreadful. Out of 20 shots they go literally everywhere but the targets, while the howitzer are way more accurate. Considering that the AP-cannons are your only way of countering the armored centipedes, they are useless. They cost too much, they dont hit anything, you need to reload them manually and craft the ammo too. During sieges they raiders use them also and then just sit on their asses, because the cant shoot through the mountains with their PAKs, you should fix that.

Faryzal2020

Quote from: madexd on January 29, 2019, 04:58:28 PM
The accuracy of the cannons is dreadful. Out of 20 shots they go literally everywhere but the targets, while the howitzer are way more accurate. Considering that the AP-cannons are your only way of countering the armored centipedes, they are useless. They cost too much, they dont hit anything, you need to reload them manually and craft the ammo too. During sieges they raiders use them also and then just sit on their asses, because the cant shoot through the mountains with their PAKs, you should fix that.

Well in my tests they do hit stuff, but i like to keep them from hitting their target around 70% of the time. as for the sieges i'll look into it.

Faryzal2020

v1.5
Added CNC Machine
Added CNC Module
Recipes for all ammunitions are now 25% less work to make in the CNC Machine
Ammunitions that are used in cannon turrets that uses autoloading or magazine-feed system are now 50% less work to make in the CNC Machine
All recipes of the mod are now moved to CNC Machine
Every cannon turrets are now uses their own respective building materials to build instead of raw materials.
Unmanned turrets are now uses FCS computer as a building material plus the material of the manned turret variant of them to build.
Turret building materials and FCS computer are craftable in CNC Machine.
Added recipe to destroy cannon materials in the Electric Smelter.
Changed costStuffCount of every turret to this formula: costStuffCount = (steel cost / 10) + (plasteel cost / 2)
Adjusted the accuracy of Unmanned 6Pdr Cannon.
Fixed the accuracy of Unmanned and Manned 20mm Autocannon.
EMP damage multiplier for Armored Centipede changed to 0.9

Garnett

First of all thank you for this great mod, i couldn't contact you on Steam since it does not allow people with the family shared version to comment in the workshop is it okay to post suggestions for the additional turrets here?

Faryzal2020

Quote from: Garnett on February 14, 2019, 11:49:27 AM
First of all thank you for this great mod, i couldn't contact you on Steam since it does not allow people with the family shared version to comment in the workshop is it okay to post suggestions for the additional turrets here?
all suggestions are welcome  ;D
but keep in mind that the cannon suggestions needs to meet my several criteria from progression and authenticity point of view to get my approval, for example i wont add Yamato's 40cm gun without adding the other smaller naval gun first like Bismarck's 38cm gun or Kongou's 35.6cm gun, and so on. In my mod there's no such thing as overkill but i really like progression.

Faryzal2020

Update v1.5.1
- Removed Building materials because of the problem when making building materials for the naval guns that requires large amount of steel could throw some hauling errors.
- Reduced most of the turrets' steel cost
- Adjusted the stuffCost according with its steel cost
- Separated the turret research to different tabs according to its class to prepare for v1.6 update
- Restructured and reorganized the ammunition and turret files to prepare for v1.6 update
- Reduced the work cost of most of the ammunition recipes
- Added recipes to make 10x for all ammunitions with the total work cost reduced by 25% compared with the 1x recipe
- Other various turret stats adjustment and balancing