Overhead mountain does not fully block mortar strike?? Bug?

Started by Lepidus, October 11, 2018, 02:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lepidus

I have a deep cave base with 100% overhead mountain, triple checked this
        Siege happened, we hid inside our mountain base to wait for them to assault

What happened.
   -mortar strike hit chem fuel (80% sure it was an incendiary shell)
          -chem fuel was 100% under overhead mountain and no non-overhead mountain anywhere inside base
          -chem fuel exploded and destroyed entire mountain base as chem fuel was in high numbers

What you expected to happen.
         -overhead mountain should protect fully against mortars, or not at all in my opinion. Chemfuel already gets ignited by pyros and other unfortunate circumstances (zzts). Neither of which happened as I have no pyros and batteries and conduit placed in walls or other spots away from ignitable objects.

Steps we can follow to make the bug appear on our machine. This part is important! We need a set of steps which we can follow to get the same results you're seeing. Ideally you'll test these steps to make sure they work from scratch.
              -overhead mountain with chemfuel underneath, try different explosions to ignite it

Apologies if this is intended but it just doesn't seem right. Nothing else takes damage while under overhead mountain - I know chemfuel is unstable but not that unstable.

P.S. awesome game, keep up the great work and thank you for all you do!

Lepidus

Lepidus

Disappointed that there are over 70 views ( maybe 10 are mine) and no reply... I guess its just part of the game, keep your chemfuel safe and surrounded by firefoam poppers.
Probably a good idea in any case whether mountains block mortars or not.

5thHorseman

The big problem is, bug infestations are such a huge pain that most of us don't build into mountains anymore. I know I don't.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Canute

And my siege people never finished a mortar, so i don't know either.
If you don't use mods, and you got a safegame right before the mortar/siege attack, maybe post the safegame so Devs can investigate.

Kenneth

I've tried to reproduce this issue, but overhead mountain seems to block any kind of shells in every case. Is it possible there have been regular rock roof (thin) tiles? It's possible that a shell penetrated one of the thin tiles, exploded and thus lit the chemfuel stored under the overhead mountain tiles.

It would be great if you can share the savegame before this happend!