[Mod Request] Religion

Started by Bergamoth, October 11, 2018, 03:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bergamoth

Hello my good people!

I love this game, but i must admit... I NEVER play as it is intended...

99% of my games are a tribal only, no electricity, no guns, no hightech... I use a lot of mods and moded the game myself a ton too to accomodate that playstile...

Anyway, what i REALLY wish i could get is a RELIGION mod... A way to impose in my colonist a cult way of thinking, literaly changing traits, mood buffs and etc...

1st ex: Setting my Tribe religion/policy to full Cannibal... So every new colonist is endocrinated to become a cannibal, might take some time depending on individual and etc...

2nd ex: Sacrificing raiders/animals/tribals/food/resources/etc to the gods, via tottens, statues, bonfires.... Removing organs and body parts... Straight up torturing prisioners to appease the gods... Giving my tribals some mood BONUS instead of the debuffs i get...

Third Ex: Making our tribe peacefull, giving boosts to food/animal/crafting production and etc...

Anyway, i know it focus a lot on tribal playtrought, but i think it can work for even high tech colonies/playthroughts...

All i wish was a little more control on the policies/religion/culture of my colony...

Anyway, hope this inspires some amazing mod makers i've seen in this forum over the years!

Cheers!

Canute

Hi,
did you ever tryed the Cult mod ?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26078.0
It comes that pretty close.

Bolty

Yes, I would definitely recommend the Call of Cthulhu Cults mod, as posted by Canute. Even though they're a bit bizarre (as I suppose they should be, they are religious cults after all) you can found cults and build churches/temples in your colony.

Ruisuki

do they all bring supernatural cthulu monsters or can u stick to a more realistic faith

Bergamoth

Yeah... These mods are fun! But i'm actually looking in a way to implement politics/cult/religion in the game...  I know that there are way to devmode give traits and etc, and i can edit the game files... But still, i wish there was a way to manage the traits/mood buffs and debuffs of my colony... That's where religion/politics would go into...

Like i sayd before, if the colony gets attacked 10 times by the same faction, with no justification besides they wanting to steal and enslave us, there really should not be a debuff for killing the prisioners... I mean... They came in and killed our dogs!! We removing theyr limbs and organs its totally justified.

Religion/politics would change the way the colony sees those executions as justice or w/e...

Canute

*reach Bergamoth the big book "How to start modding for Rimworld" *
Sound like a pretty complex social/faction interaction system.
And like Psychology mod, i bet full of possible conflicts !

Bergamoth

Quote from: Canute on October 15, 2018, 09:54:07 AM
*reach Bergamoth the big book "How to start modding for Rimworld" *
Sound like a pretty complex social/faction interaction system.
And like Psychology mod, i bet full of possible conflicts !

Yes, its indeed why i play rimworld... Its the first time i ever tryed "moding" a game myself and i find it extremely frustrating AND rewarding. Sadly, i don't have the skill and MOSTLY the TIME to learn and mod the game more indephtly (not easy to live by yourself in a 3rd world country)