Cannot load UnityEngine.Texture2D

Started by ZeroCyanh, October 12, 2018, 12:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeroCyanh

I played in the morning and everything was alright, but when I come back from work, suddenly it said that the mod list got resetted, because of conflicting mods. And when the debug window opened, it seems that the game could not find any textures from any mod, which has custom textures in it.
(In the attachment there are only some bugs listed, the real list goes on and on, with the same error warning but from different mods it seems)

How could this happen and how do I fix it?

Canute

Hi,
let me guess, you use steam and workshop for mods.
Then some stupid mod author update his mod to 1.0 but didn't create a new workshop entry for 1.0 and update the existing B19 one.
You should check your subscribed mods if this happen.

ZeroCyanh

Hi,

thank you for the quick answer. I have checked again with "A RimWorld of Magic" and there was a comment on how something works. In my debug window I found error message about that the game couldnt find this and that XML file and so on. But because of the new comment, it seems that it works for the one player. In the description there were also no 1.0 update mentioned, that is why I am confused.

Canute

So it wasn't the mod author vault, it was your vault.
You play unstable 1.0 with B19 mods ?
Yes it can happen that a unstable patch might break the B19 mod.

ZeroCyanh

But I did not updated my game or not manually. I though 1.0 will released on 17th, how can I play it before then?
And if so, how can I revert it back to 0.19?

ZeroCyanh

Btw I just started Rim World, it says 0.19 at the top of the corner, so I assume it is still 0.19 version.

https://imgur.com/a/9XfpGaz

Canute

Yes you are right, you still play B19. Such missunderstanding can happen when you don't give out nessesary information, like it pointed out at sticky ! :-)

But something got messed up.
And some of the errors are indeed from Rim of Magic.
Maybe unsubscribe all mods, and delete remaining mod folders to clear out old files.
The subscribe and activate them.

ZeroCyanh

So I have unsubscribe, cleaned all the files and deinstall the game and reinstall it. But the problem remains unfortunately.

Here ist the HugLib Bug Report:

https://pastebin.com/ZkZiVmKq

Canute

But at last some progress.
The XML errors from your previous pic are gone.
And why do you use pastebin, when huglib report give you a nice link you can share ? :-)

Since most of the error's are related wth Rim of Magic, could you try to unsubscribe it from the workshop and use the download version ? Just to test it out.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/tmagic/downloads

ZeroCyanh

So this what I have done, before I read your comment:
I have make local copies of every mod, I really needed for my game experience. And then I just activate them one by one. It seems that Misc. Mods are not compatible with one of the other mods (I assume with the Rim World Magic Mod). I will test more, but will maybe just pause for a while as it is not a fun thing to do... xD

ZeroCyanh

I have saved me a local copy of the "core set" so to say and will add some mods from steam to look which mod I can use and which will cause problem. I will go from there then.

Thank you very much for your help <3

Canute

I use Misc. Core and Rim of Magic without problems.

ZeroCyanh

Well I undortunately do not know what cause this exactly. But as soon as I load Misc. with the other mods, it cause this bug :/ Well it worked previously with all mods on, so I am confused as well.