[1.0] Spotted - 26.11.2018

Started by TGPArcher, October 12, 2018, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

temple_wing

could you please provide other download?
dropbox is banned by chinese gov.
mediafire or github please.

TGPArcher

Quote from: temple_wing on October 26, 2018, 10:47:51 AM
could you please provide other download?
dropbox is banned by chinese gov.
mediafire or github please.

done

Rambus200

I am guessing this will conflict with SafelyHiddenAway mod due to both mod adjusting or delaying raids? Great mod by the way!

TGPArcher

Quote from: Rambus200 on October 26, 2018, 02:20:35 PM
I am guessing this will conflict with SafelyHiddenAway mod due to both mod adjusting or delaying raids? Great mod by the way!

Normally it should not conflict with any mod, the base mechanic is just to delay the raid when sufficient details about it are known so it could be reproduced a bit later. The only problem I see is if there are other mods which add different moving tactics to the game that raids won't be spotted(have not heard of such mods by now)

Crow_T

Cool mod, I think even 6 hours is a pretty decent head start, you should be able to equip colonists and flick any needed switches in that time.It's sort of like when you get lucky and raids hang out for a while. Any thought to putting this on steam?
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

TGPArcher

Quote from: Crow_T on October 26, 2018, 05:22:56 PM
Cool mod, I think even 6 hours is a pretty decent head start, you should be able to equip colonists and flick any needed switches in that time.It's sort of like when you get lucky and raids hang out for a while. Any thought to putting this on steam?

In settings you can push it to more than 6 hours, and every building increases the spotting range, meaning that with every building the time will increase, so a late game with scanners and a satellite controller will be possible to have 24h warning or more.
About steam, sorry, for now it will be on github and dropbox.

Ruisuki

can someone pass along the b19 version?

Jdalt40

Hey TGPArcher, how well does this coincide with Safely Hidden Away? As in, will it add the delay on top of the already existing delay caused by SHA?

Codexehow

Hey look, another mechanic that should be in the base game :P.

Great work, OP.

TGPArcher

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 26, 2018, 07:46:01 PM

[B19] Dropbox
The [B19] version is named "Motion Scanner" and is incomplete compared to [1.0] as I got new ideas on how to improve the mod from the feedback given here. (If I'll find enough time I'll try to make the actual state of the mod compatible with [B19])

Quote from: Jdalt40 on October 26, 2018, 08:48:17 PM
Hey TGPArcher, how well does this coincide with Safely Hidden Away? As in, will it add the delay on top of the already existing delay caused by SHA?

To be honest I don't know what happens with both mods combined, one thing is for sure that they are compatible. Never used Safely Hidden Away but from its description I think it modifies the storyteller decision to send the raid, but my mod has no control over if an raid will happen or not it just warns the player and delays it with little time(about 24h with max options).

Ruisuki

Quote from: TGPArcher on October 26, 2018, 09:51:36 PM
Quote from: Ruisuki on October 26, 2018, 07:46:01 PM

[B19] Dropbox
The [B19] version is named "Motion Scanner" and is incomplete compared to [1.0] as I got new ideas on how to improve the mod from the feedback given here. (If I'll find enough time I'll try to make the actual state of the mod compatible with [B19])
Ahhh! Thats so cool of you. Do you recommend I install it now anyway or wait until its compatible? Unless I can deactivate the b19 version with no issues in case a 1.0 backwards compatible version is released? I really wanna try this with Misc Alert speaker and night vision. The trifecta of mods and ambush raids

TGPArcher

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 26, 2018, 09:57:51 PM
Ahhh! Thats so cool of you. Do you recommend I install it now anyway or wait until its compatible? Unless I can deactivate the b19 version with no issues in case a 1.0 backwards compatible version is released? I really wanna try this with Misc Alert speaker and night vision. The trifecta of mods and ambush raids

If really want to test it you can install it now, just know that the sprite for Motion Scanner is copied with minor changes from Long Range Mineral Scanner from vanilla, the spotting is no so well balanced but just enough:) and there are no mod settings
There should not be incompatibilities when upgrading, and even if somehow there will be, destroy any building added by this mod and then upgrade, that simple.

I can sleep tonight, here is the complete b19 I was talking about.
GitHub Spotted[B19]

Ruisuki

Quote from: TGPArcher on October 26, 2018, 10:09:10 PM
Quote from: Ruisuki on October 26, 2018, 09:57:51 PM
If really want to test it you can install it now, just know that the sprite for Motion Scanner is copied with minor changes from Long Range Mineral Scanner from vanilla, the spotting is no so well balanced but just enough:) and there are no mod settings
There should not be incompatibilities when upgrading, and even if somehow there will be, destroy any building added by this mod and then upgrade, that simple.

I can sleep tonight, here is the complete b19 I was talking about.
GitHub Spotted[B19]
Oh snap whats the difference between this and the earlier b19 you linked? Closer to 1.0 balancing? Ill give this a go tomorrow!

TGPArcher

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 26, 2018, 11:25:35 PM
Oh snap whats the difference between this and the earlier b19 you linked? Closer to 1.0 balancing? Ill give this a go tomorrow!

The difference is that this version has the same content as the one for [1.0]
Enjoy and if something is not working right please report it here ;)

aimxoo0o

Can you maybe add a "random time option"?
So you would just know that a raid will arrive between 6-10 hours or something like this. Just to keep a little suprise.

Also it would be really cool if raids maybe come sooner than expected if you have not the best technology.

Really cool mod. I will try to use it later. :)