[1.0] Spotted - 26.11.2018

Started by TGPArcher, October 12, 2018, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoCanDo

Spotted interferes with GiddyUp - Caravan, when loading Spottet, riders can't be assigned to animals when forming up caravans.

TGPArcher

Updated
Fixed conflict with GiddyUp Caravans
Added support of Fluffy's Mod Manager
Removed dependency for HugsLib

If you have any suggestion or you think it would be cool to add support for some mod please tell me.
I really appreciate your feedback

crusader2010

Can you please include a folder called "Spotted" inside the archive on github, that would contain all of the needed folders and files? (about, defs, textures etc). It's really annoying when you need to extract 50 mods that do this to then track down the 1 mod that doesn't and simply spits out everything with a wrong path.
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

AwesomeMcAwesome

Quote from: crusader2010 on November 26, 2018, 05:27:10 PM
Can you please include a folder called "Spotted" inside the archive on github, that would contain all of the needed folders and files? (about, defs, textures etc). It's really annoying when you need to extract 50 mods that do this to then track down the 1 mod that doesn't and simply spits out everything with a wrong path.

Fluffy's Mod Manager helps you with that, it'll notify you if any of your mods has conflict

togfox

Just checking if colonists have spotting power WITHOUT the new buidings (after research)?

I'd like a small colony to have a small spotting power and a larger colony to have a larger spotting power but I'm hoping I can do that without the introduced structures.

Of course, there will be less spotting power without the structures but just checking if the structures are absolutely necessary to spot a raid? Cheers.

TGPArcher

Quote from: togfox on February 14, 2019, 01:10:52 AM
Just checking if colonists have spotting power WITHOUT the new buidings (after research)?

I'd like a small colony to have a small spotting power and a larger colony to have a larger spotting power but I'm hoping I can do that without the introduced structures.

Of course, there will be less spotting power without the structures but just checking if the structures are absolutely necessary to spot a raid? Cheers.

The structures are not absolutely necessary to spot a raid. It is necessary to have the first tech from the spotting research tree and then the colonists will be able to spot, of course the chance is much lower.

togfox

Awesome! Installing shortly! Thanks for your service!

Ruisuki

aimxoo0o

Do you plan to upload this to the workshop?

Thanks in advance. Great mod. :)

TGPArcher

Quote from: aimxoo0o on April 24, 2019, 03:04:04 AM
Do you plan to upload this to the workshop?

Thanks in advance. Great mod. :)

The hard truth is that I can't  :-X :-[
But I won't mind if someone did

forumgod

Does this do anything about infestations? Can you add something like a seismic activity scanner that warns you about them coming?

TGPArcher

Quote from: nickdos on May 18, 2019, 01:22:07 PM
Does this do anything about infestations? Can you add something like a seismic activity scanner that warns you about them coming?

Yes it does. Here is a list of the incidents supported for now (and you can add more incidents by configuring Defs/ConfigDefs/ConfigDefs.xml, but I am not sure how well this is going to work for other incidents except for the ones listed already):

The only thing, which is not too imersive is the fact that there is no scanner for seismic activity or anything, but if you have the motion scanner or satellite controller it is alright.

rawrfisher

On a difficulty like merciless how many towers would be needed for the maximum delay when you have a colony of around 10
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

TGPArcher

Quote from: rawrfisher on May 18, 2019, 03:31:29 PM
On a difficulty like merciless how many towers would be needed for the maximum delay when you have a colony of around 10

Here is the formula for calculating the delay (a simple one as I am not bright at all) :)
((SpottedSettings.allowedTimeRange.RandomInRange + watchtowerPower + scannerPower + satellitePower) * modifier) * GenDate.TicksPerHour

So to answer your question, there is no limit for the delay. But this doesn't mean you should spam the map to get the maximum delay
Make it look immersive, this is how I was playing and why I did this mod. But you can do as you wish, that is why this game is brilliant

rawrfisher

Just having 12 hours to ready is normally more then enough

Oh how about letting players make the watch tower outta different materials.  Kinda tired of havin to use all my wood up on the ice sheet map after the pirates bring a pack of mecha wolves to blow everything up

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
  at System.Text.StringBuilder.Remove (Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Spotted.Alert_Spotted.GetExplanation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Alert.DrawInfoPane () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.AlertsReadout.AlertsReadoutOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

Not sure when this error occured but I found it when checking dev log.  Not sure what caused it but figured I would post it.

If you need an output log let me know. 
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know