Game crashes on main menu

Started by Loggi94, October 13, 2018, 01:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loggi94

Bought the game today and i can't manage to get it to run. Sometimes it crashes without me doing anything, sometimes when i click something on the menu. Already tried doing integrity checks or reinstalling the game, didn't work.
Here's the log, please help

Initialize engine version: 5.6.5f1 (2cac56bf7bb6)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [nvldumdx.dll 24.21.13.9811]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Vendor:   NVIDIA
    VRAM:     4043 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0 ATOC=1 BC4=1 BC5=1
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\NAudio.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\NAudio.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\NVorbis.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\NVorbis.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\TextMeshPro-1.0.55.56.0b11.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\TextMeshPro-1.0.55.56.0b11.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.082 seconds
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VR/BlitCopyFromTexArray' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VR/BlitCopyFromTexArray' - Setting to default shader.
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1080 59Hz; virtual: 1920x1080 at 0,0
<RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 1.091876 ms
RimWorld 0.19.2009 rev486

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)

Canute

Hi,
you made a good start, but could you please attach the whole logfile to your responce ? If it is too big, you can zip/rar it, but i don't think so.

The part you posted didn't show any crash.

Loggi94

These are the logs for italian and english language, they look slightly different, maybe it helps having both.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Sorry,
but we need to have a logfile after a crash happen.
Both log's don't have any crash.

But i only saw
"Translation data for language Italian has 424 errors. Generate translation report for more info."
That's maybe the reason, then you shouldn't use these translation.
Translations are fanbased made, and don't have the same quality control like the game itself.

Loggi94

Playing in english doesn't help. Also tried disabling the antivirus and playing windowed , nothing helped. Will try a clean boot.

Loggi94

Tried the clean boot with no success, i'm out of ideas.

Canute

The one at this topic got the similar problem.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46182.0

I have no idea, special when there is no crash at the log.
Maybe the other and you use the same application that let Rimworld crash/end.

Loggi94

I tried to run the game with this (see pic) checked (i have no idea how is it called in english) and it crashed again, but with a crash log! I'll attach it.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Loggi94

I actually got the game to work. It was a conflict with Riva Tuner Statistic Server, with that closed it works fine.