[1.0] Rainbeau's Mods (Backstories, Fishing, Romance, Terraforming, and More!)

Started by dburgdorf, October 13, 2018, 02:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman666

Pfft. The nerve of some people. "I don't like crapton of things about your mod, cause its annoying, so i am gonna change that, that and that. Wanna hear what you think about it. I won't be asking for permission, by the way, will just do it. Cheers".

Had the nerve to also copy paste that in VG's thread as well... Jeez.

Graphical

Hello,
I am playing the Hardcore SK modpack for Beta 18 and would LOVE to use your "Pawns are Capable" mod in my load order.
Heres the problem:
I don't have the steam version of the game and cannot find a dropbox link for the B18 build anywhere.
There are download links for A17 and 1.0, but not B18.
Would you please upload it on a secondary site for those not using steam?
Thank you very much.

Canute

Graphical,
just a little hint. B18 is old or outdated. And don't we got a subforum for outdated mods ?
When you search at this place you find
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=36687.0

Graphical

Is there any way you could add some kind of method to remove ice (generated by the Permafrost mod) from an area, maybe only briefly and requiring a lot of work, or even only for thin ice? Perhaps colonists could remove it by mining it, or some kind of heat source could be used that melts ice in a (small radius). I'm asking because I currently try to setup my first nuclear reactor from Rimatomics, and since I built it next to a small river, I would like to use water cooling. Since there is technically no water when there's ice (at least that's how I understand it), I can't build it. It's the same with trying to terraform (from your Terraforming mod), say, a marsh that's currently frozen over (which doesn't work, either). Although I really like the mechanics, it's a bit frustrating if I have to wait a couple of months for the ice to melt to do stuff like this.

I also noticed that while a moisture pump placed near water/marsh/etc. with ice on top progresses, it doesn't actually dry anything/produce any soil. Is this deliberate, or could this be some mod conflict (I'm using Fast Moisture Pumps 1.0)?

And are you still working on your port of "Razzle Dazzle!"?

Wow, I always thought I was just pretty myopic, but apparently I'm straight out blind... I just found the option to remove ice, in the "Terraform" menu, on the far right, and have no idea how I managed to overlook that option. Now I just have to find out whether it works with marches, as well.

Madman666

Can i make a little request for an option for realistic planet generation? Would it be hard to implement a slider for also overall terrain elevation? I d really like to minimize the amount of impassable mountain tiles on world map. Had to abandon so many convenient base location just because it was too close to a long mountain ridge, which cut off like half worldmap events, cause you had to travel for 22 days for it...

moonra

Would it be possible to make Rumor Has It not consider my A Rimworld of Magic Necromancer's undead as part of the colony? I keep getting Cliques/Divided Colony debuffs because everyone hates the poor, hard-working zombies. Hasn't really been much of an issue but it's kind annoying.

jptrrs

Hi, Rainbeau!
I just uploaded a re-texture for Fertile Fields. Thought those resources could look better, so I just did it! Hope you're ok with it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1653937715

Thanks for those mods, man, you're awesome!

AileTheAlien

I feel like mushrooms need to be rebalanced with Wild Cultivation. They give more food per day than all other crops (even corn!), grow pretty much everywhere, and also give you free light in your colony! The original growth rates were probably balanced around the fact than only a few mushrooms would randomly spawn in the map, and not be farmed.

One way to do it, would be to have separate varieties that show "cultivated" in their name after you plant them. Then the growth rates can be balanced separately from the naturally-spawning versions. Since they save you so much electricity by not needing sunlamps, giving you free light to save on regular lamps, and you can just wall off large sections of otherwise-garbage soil (they grow just fine in walled-off sand, for example), I'd cut their growth rate by half or something.

notfood

Hey Rainbeau,

Is there a reason why the Terraforming options can't be built under other buildings? I've been adding the following patch and been playing just fine without issues to fix the terraform under buildings.

<!--IF Fertile Fields is installed; make terraforming items be able to be built on buildings-->
  <Operation Class="PatchOperationFindMod">
    <mods>
      <li>[RF] Fertile Fields [1.0]</li>
    </mods>
    <match Class="PatchOperationAdd">
      <xpath>Defs/ThingDef[@Name="RFF_TerraformBase"]</xpath>
      <value>
        <building>
          <isEdifice>false</isEdifice>
        </building>
        <clearBuildingArea>false</clearBuildingArea>
      </value>
    </match>
  </Operation>

sayheyjay

Has anybody been able to get Mega Fauna to work with the biomes in Realistic Planets?

Kibawan

Quote from: sayheyjay on February 20, 2019, 12:21:05 AM
Has anybody been able to get Mega Fauna to work with the biomes in Realistic Planets?

Yes, it works just fine! Animal Colab, Alpha Animals, Spider Dogs, Dinosauria...etc..etc... The only catch is sometimes weird animals show up were they are not realy supost to be, like a Sand Squid showing up on the cold grassland, etc. Is not perfect but functinal. The weirdness happens more on the new biomes by the way.

sayheyjay

Quote from: Kibawan on February 20, 2019, 01:47:52 AM
Quote from: sayheyjay on February 20, 2019, 12:21:05 AM

Yes, it works just fine! Animal Colab, Alpha Animals, Spider Dogs, Dinosauria...etc..etc... The only catch is sometimes weird animals show up were they are not realy supost to be, like a Sand Squid showing up on the cold grassland, etc. Is not perfect but functinal. The weirdness happens more on the new biomes by the way.
I have Animal Colab and Alpha Animals and they work (animals spawn and events happen), but Mega Fauna doesn't spawn on the added biomes. I just had a caravan show up and they brought a couple, but they won't spawn on my savanna.

temple_wing

Would you please provide mediafire download for at least "Rumor Has It...." ? dropbox is not accessible from china .

Cairbear

Hey, is there going to be a fix for the Rational Romances Date issue? My Colonists are constantly attempting to date each other (or rather, one specific couple is) and then going back to work without dating. And then another request will happen, interrupting more work and resulting in a cycle of constant attempted dating.

I really love the mod otherwise, but my grower and builder are now essentially useless unless both of them are occupied at all times (so that they CANT request a date).