[1.0] Rainbeau's Mods (Backstories, Fishing, Romance, Terraforming, and More!)

Started by dburgdorf, October 13, 2018, 02:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

I don't know all mods, but i don't see why it shouldn't work.
But you should move the bridge mod at the end of the modlist and check it again.

E-102

Quote from: Canute on September 10, 2019, 05:35:27 AM
I don't know all mods, but i don't see why it shouldn't work.
But you should move the bridge mod at the end of the modlist and check it again.
Thanks a lot for the reply I'll give that a go.

E-102

Is there an easier way to make dirt other than at the crafting spot/rock mill or terraforming other areas? I just want to know if I'm missing something because rn the easiest way to get dirt is just buy buying it which doesn't seem right. This is in reference to the fertile fields mod btw.

Canute

No,
mosttimes when i am in need of dirt, transform some shallow water into deep water, that give 5 or 10 (can't remember) dirt which are enough for some other tile's to terraform except when you want to create an isle out of the water.

E-102

Quote from: Canute on September 20, 2019, 08:38:07 AM
No,
mosttimes when i am in need of dirt, transform some shallow water into deep water, that give 5 or 10 (can't remember) dirt which are enough for some other tile's to terraform except when you want to create an isle out of the water.
Yea that's what I've been doing thanks for all the help my guy for always helping me out you seem to be everywhere ;)

Canute

Yeah, i was doing that too once.
With the configurable maps mod, i made a pretty small beach line with alot of water.
And build up an isle at the water.
You can either terraform it into sand/gravel (i wouldn't turn anything into dirt with terraform) or build heavy bridges you can place wall's on it.
But you just could terraform small branches and place Moisture pump on them.
That would take more time/energy but require less workpower/resource to terrafom it.

E-102

Quote from: Canute on September 20, 2019, 10:20:49 AM
Yeah, i was doing that too once.
With the configurable maps mod, i made a pretty small beach line with a lot of water.
And build up an isle at the water.
You can either terraform it into sand/gravel (i wouldn't turn anything into dirt with terraform) or build heavy bridges you can place wall's on it.
But you just could terraform small branches and place Moisture pump on them.
That would take more time/energy but require less work/power/resource to terraform it.
I've also been terraforming all my soil/marshy soil/marsh tiles to rough stone so I can smooth it out and get +2 beauty while getting 2 clay/crushed rocks/soil out of it. I've got the configurable maps mod but I didn't you know could do that. I've just been using it to make all the stone types marble or granite since I only chose tiles with those types on it. To do that don't you have to have a coastal tile though? I normally use the prepared carefully mod to find a tile with roads on a mountain with a river and if I added coastal tile to the list of requirements then I don't think I'd find any tiles. I know that prepared carefully has a god mod that allows you to alter tiles but you can only alter the flatness/terrain/temp/elevation/rainfall so I can't add a river or road or whatever. Also Do you know if the biosolids fertiliser from the dubs hygiene mod works with the fertile fields mod? I've got more than 10,000 barrels of faecal sludge and I want to put it to use.

Canute

Yes the biosolids fertiliser work's on any ground tile, and enhance the fert. even on tilled soil.
And you can use the sprinkler too.

JaJe

Hey Rainbeau!
I really like your mods, expecially the realistic planet one.
I have a question however, I am using both advanced biome mod and Realistic planet mod, I started playing a new game using these 2 mods together on permafrost biome. I noticed a problem and I am not sure exactly what causes it but everytime I build something or haul some random chunks on the map the image of the specific chunk will persist for a few second after hauling and then randomly despawn. Same goes for building, once the construction is complete it appear that is still on work and then all of sudden it spawn completed. Any idea why it happens that?

Another thing is, everytime I generate the planet, expecially the one with huge oceans it have a strange aspect with a perfect circle around land and it's kind of.....strange?

I ate without a table and I liked it.

Proxyer

Hello, Rainbeau.
I missed your mod update. Although it was late, I have updated the Japanese translation for [RF] Fishing [1.0].
So I uploaded file to DropBox. Please download the file, confirm and merge. Thank you.

File name: 10_Fishing_JP.zip
File size: 9.87 KB (10,104 bytes)
SHA256: 8688b73556bd578a538ffa19780ef6896e5b83d9bd7700ce52c9edcd5b99a21a
CRC32 : 47609203

DropBox DowmloadLink :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nod9a1993e8qmnk/10_Fishing_JP.zip

forumgod

Getting the following 4 warnings at startup: https://pastebin.com/ZdS91QX2
I have both rational romance and rumor has it. Please advise on how to resolve them.

Canute

Warnings (yellow text) or errors (red text). Warnings arn't that dangerous.

Do you use any other mod that adds or modify traits ?
Try to move rational romance and rumor has it at the end of the modlist, so the traits from other mods got loaded before.
If that don't help, maybe dburgdorf (mod author) give any clue.

Hydromancerx

@dburgdorf

Can you make a version of your Wild Cultivation mod that spawns crops from the Vegetable Garden mod into the wild? thanks in advance!

Vlad0mi3r

I know you have a life dburgdorf and its probably more fun and enjoyable when people are not asking you for stuff.

However I love your work and so I have a request (we always hurt the ones we love).

I am at the stage where I have to change things up with rimworld and am playing around with Medieval times, Magic etc.

Is there the possibility that you could put an option into fertile fields to make advanced terraforming a medieval level tech? I want to make my castle with a shallow water moat and I also want to be able to backfill shallow/deep water on the coast.

I found a work around for heavy bridges (Romans built some very solid bridges) so if you feel inspired that would be 2 more mods I could drop off my list.

Very big Please and Thankyou (Thankyou is just for reading this)
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Canute

Vlad,
just edit the defs/ResearchProjects_RFF.xml
and change the
<techLevel>Industrial</techLevel>
into
<techLevel>Medieval</techLevel>