[1.0] Rainbeau's Mods (Backstories, Fishing, Romance, Terraforming, and More!)

Started by dburgdorf, October 13, 2018, 02:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Wild Cultivation has been updated:

- The mod no longer adds cultivated saguaro cacti, since those can actually now be cultivated in the vanilla game, anyway.

- Fixed some problems with "Seeds Please!" seed definitions.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Fertile Fields has been updated:

- Restructured the "Terraform" tab of the Architect menu to take advantage of vanilla's new "designator drop-down" groupings.

- Fixed the bug that sometimes had plowed soil degrading directly to normal soil. Hopefully, also fixed the bug that sometimes had degraded plowed soil not leaving behind a blueprint when it should have.

- Soil degradation will now leave behind blueprints only in growing zones, rather than all over the map.

- Fixed a new incompatibility created by an update to "VGP Garden Tools."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

cyberian

Quote from: dburgdorf on October 27, 2018, 02:15:25 AM
Hey dburgdorf somehow a few of my terraform options disappeared:

do you have any idea why that is?

dburgdorf

Quote from: cyberian on October 27, 2018, 01:41:56 PMHey dburgdorf somehow a few of my terraform options disappeared....

Nothing disappeared.  Look closer.

First item on yesterday's update notes:

"Restructured the 'Terraform' tab of the Architect menu to take advantage of vanilla's new 'designator drop-down' groupings."

Icons are now grouped on the tab, based on the terrain being produced, to make navigating the options easier.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

cyberian

Quote from: dburgdorf on October 27, 2018, 02:16:25 PM
Quote from: cyberian on October 27, 2018, 01:41:56 PMHey dburgdorf somehow a few of my terraform options disappeared....

Nothing disappeared.  Look closer.

First item on yesterday's update notes:

"Restructured the 'Terraform' tab of the Architect menu to take advantage of vanilla's new 'designator drop-down' groupings."

Icons are now grouped on the tab, based on the terrain being produced, to make navigating the options easier.
WOW now I see it... good job

I should really read patch notes more closely

skullywag

That update to the new button system has a bug in it.

When i first load the game I can "rough gravel from stone" before I have even done the research, changing that first button to any other option then stops me using it again unless i restart the game entirely, had me very confused!

Looks like its using the 1st def it finds for a sub category even though it has a research prerequisite, thats a core bug I think???

[attachment deleted due to age]
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

dburgdorf

Quote from: skullywag on October 27, 2018, 07:13:15 PMThat update to the new button system has a bug in it.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll see about rearranging things to avoid the issue.

I'm also probably going to add a configuration option so users who don't like the new "compressed" menu can go back to the "every transformation is individually on the task bar" system. I mean, why not?

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

skullywag

Choice is good! i think im gonna raise the bug with Tynan etc as well, as its a core mechanic, probably not that important but they should at least know about it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Canute

I can see the use of the old system.
Sometimes i select a terraform because if want some special output like dirt or clay.
With the old system you could just hover about all the terraform, that didn't work with the new system that easy.
When you want terraform into a special terrain, the new system is better.

LordShotGun

Canute

If you researched the terraform, the best way is to create deep water out of shallow water and you get 10 dirt.
Or you can change soil into gravel or stony soil.
You can create dirt at the crafting spot with clay,sand and fertizizer.

dburgdorf

Quote from: LordShotGun on October 28, 2018, 08:57:38 AMI must be blind. How do I dig up dirt to move elsewhere?

A great many of the transformations on the Architect menu's "Terraform" tab yield dirt as a byproduct.

A good basic practice is to transform any tile on which you're going to build a wall or place a floor, into rough stone. That'll provide you with a supply of dirt (and possibly other raw materials, as well).

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

- The amount of scrap a particular plant will drop is now influenced by the plant's growth amount, so you'll no longer be able to plant things and immediately cut them down to quickly build up a large plant scrap supply.

- Added a configuration option to determine whether plants actually drop scraps at all.

- Made a few adjustments to the ordering of items on the "Terraform" tab, in order to prevent transformations which require research from incorrectly showing up before the prerequisite research is actually complete.

- Compost barrels now have a higher capacity, and can convert up to 30 piles of compost (instead of just 10) into fertilizer per run.

- Similarly, compost bins now require three piles of compost, instead of just one, and yield three piles of fertilizer.

- Compost bins will now leave behind blueprints for new compost bins, if the "auto-refertilize" setting in the options menu is checked.

- Compost recipe requirements are now based on total mass rather than total nutritional value.

- Rotted mush no longer has a nutritional value, so even pigs should no longer eat it (and make themselves sick as a result).

- Rotted mush can still deteriorate, but will no longer "rot," so you'll no longer have rotted mush rotting into... more rotted mush.

- Plant scraps are now categorized (for stockpile purposes) as plant matter rather than as food, and rotted mush is now categorized simply as a generic raw resource.

- It is now possible to allow the use of kibble and/or pemmican in the production of compost, though those ingredients will not be allowed by default.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

NoCanDo

dburgdorf

Quote from: NoCanDo on October 28, 2018, 11:12:44 PMHow does  the Storyteller differ from the game's one?

The primary point of the mod's description is, well, to answer that very question.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?