[1.0] Rainbeau's Mods (Backstories, Fishing, Romance, Terraforming, and More!)

Started by dburgdorf, October 13, 2018, 02:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Rational Romance has been updated:

- Added support for polyamorous relationships. The code is based in part on polyamory code from the original "Romance Diversified," and also in part on code from Linq/Word-Mule's "Psychology" mod.

- Culture now plays a role in determining a pawn's likelihood to initiate a romantic encounter or to propose marriage.

- The impact of the Ugly trait on romantic attraction is lessened for pawns who have that trait themselves.

- Replaced the date walk code with a clean copy of the vanilla walk code, just in case some subtle difference was responsible for the problems some users have seen with pawns not actually going on dates.

- Added a few log messages that will hopefully help me track down the reason for the problems if the above change doesn't actually fix them.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

A NOTE ON POLYAMORY IN "RATIONAL ROMANCE":

(This is actually in the mod's desc, now, but I figured I'd post it here, too, for the benefit of folk who don't go back and re-read mod descs.)

You can decide in the mod's "options" menu how likely pawns are to be polyamorous. Like the orientation traits, Polyamorous is an "extra" trait assigned after normal trait assignment is complete, so allowing pawns to be polyamorous won't in any way limit their access to other traits. The default chance for polyamory is 0%, as the system isn't yet fully tested, and even if it all works as intended, it may still complicate colony management in unexpected ways. If you do want to include polyamorous pawns in your games, I strongly encourage you to also use Meltup's "Polyamory Beds" mod, which will allow you to more easily accommodate your pawns' desired sleeping arrangements.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Hexwall

Hey just a quick heads up but shellfish traps being stuffable broke my game. I will attach the log now
https://git.io/fxjuL
As you can see, the first error is when I click a trap, that was already there before the update, and select copy. The next error is just hovering over the trap option in the production tab.

Also, the mod Natures pretty sweet makes rivers and other body waters dry when it gets hotter, so all the traps I had on the river banks, which turned into river deposits, were destroyed. Can you make this, traps being destroyed, optional? Thanks

NoCanDo

Canute

Quote from: Hexwall on November 05, 2018, 12:55:54 AM
Also, the mod Natures pretty sweet makes rivers and other body waters dry when it gets hotter, so all the traps I had on the river banks, which turned into river deposits, were destroyed. Can you make this, traps being destroyed, optional? Thanks
Maybe the  "no water check" shouldn't destroy the trap.
Just damage the trap instead to catch a fish, when the trap is on land.
So the trap will decay faster, but since they are now replaceable it give you time to move them.

bigheadzach

Quote from: NoCanDo on November 05, 2018, 02:38:54 AM
Rational Romance and Psychology don't work together, do they?

They really don't, and at this point the main difference between them is that Psychology introduces a whole new system of personality traits and mental illnesses beyond just retooling the romance/sexuality framework.

As a fan of both modders, I say if you're not interested in the above, Rational Romance becomes your "must-install" mod, just for its own changes.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Hexwall on November 05, 2018, 12:55:54 AMHey just a quick heads up but shellfish traps being stuffable broke my game.

Ugh. Sorry about that. I'd completely forgotten, but recall now that something similar happened last year when I made bridges stuffable. The problem stems from the fact that traps already on the map don't having any "stuff" defined, even though they're now supposed to. That's why you get an error when you try to "copy" one.

QuoteAlso, the mod Natures pretty sweet makes rivers and other body waters dry when it gets hotter, so all the traps I had on the river banks, which turned into river deposits, were destroyed. Can you make this, traps being destroyed, optional? Thanks

Actually, there's no reason for them to be destroyed at all, and I should have thought of that in the first place. I'll update the mod so that when traps find themselves on land, they simply stop working until such time as they're moved into water again.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Quote from: NoCanDo on November 05, 2018, 02:38:54 AMRational Romance and Psychology don't work together, do they?

Unfortunately, no, they don't, and it's not something I can really do anything about, as the two mods change a number of vanilla code methods in conflicting ways.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: moonra on November 03, 2018, 10:20:52 PM
Would it be possible to make it so pawns only "attempt hookup" while in the Home area, or an option for that? Pawns crossing the entire map for a chance at a hookup is really annoying.

I was just about to ask about this as well. This was a major problem I had with the original mod, my pawns that were restricted to certain areas would forgo those restrictions just to ask their partner, halfway across the map & taking on a pirate raid, for a date or hookup. A little too desperate if you ask me...  :o

dburgdorf

I kind of forgot to look into the "crossing the map for lovin'" thing yesterday when I was working on "Rational Romance," but yeah, I intend to, hopefully in the next day or three.  It definitely doesn't seem like something that non-desperate pawns should be doing.  :D

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Hexwall

Quote from: dburgdorf on November 05, 2018, 09:40:23 AM
Quote from: Hexwall on November 05, 2018, 12:55:54 AMHey just a quick heads up but shellfish traps being stuffable broke my game.

Ugh. Sorry about that. I'd completely forgotten, but recall now that something similar happened last year when I made bridges stuffable. The problem stems from the fact that traps already on the map don't having any "stuff" defined, even though they're now supposed to. That's why you get an error when you try to "copy" one.

QuoteAlso, the mod Natures pretty sweet makes rivers and other body waters dry when it gets hotter, so all the traps I had on the river banks, which turned into river deposits, were destroyed. Can you make this, traps being destroyed, optional? Thanks

Actually, there's no reason for them to be destroyed at all, and I should have thought of that in the first place. I'll update the mod so that when traps find themselves on land, they simply stop working until such time as they're moved into water again.

Nice! But what bout just hovering over the traps menu, will it get fixed too?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Hexwall on November 05, 2018, 08:33:31 PMNice! But what bout just hovering over the traps menu, will it get fixed too?

Just hovering over what menu? I have no idea why hovering over any menu option would be causing any trouble at all.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Scenarios has been updated:

- If you're using the "Various Space Ship Chunks" mod, the new ship chunks will now be available to drop within this mod's scenarios.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Hexwall

Quote from: dburgdorf on November 05, 2018, 08:41:30 PM
Just hovering over what menu? I have no idea why hovering over any menu option would be causing any trouble at all.

Nvm, for some reason it works ok now???? The error happened when you were selecting the shelfish trap from the production menu and the cursor hovered over it