[1.0] Rainbeau's Mods (Backstories, Fishing, Romance, Terraforming, and More!)

Started by dburgdorf, October 13, 2018, 02:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

OK, wow. A lot to digest, here.  First, thanks for the kind words.  Always nice to know my work is appreciated. :)

As to your question about "Editable Backstories," yes, you are correctly recalling that in b18, the non-lite version actually eliminated the vanilla backstories completely. The way things work now was simply something I decided to do to try to simplify the coding, and also to allow for greater compatibility if someone decides to switch from lite to regular version in the middle of a game. (Under the old system, that switch would have resulted in all pawns with vanilla backstories abruptly having their backstories randomly reassigned.)

I'm really not a fan of the idea of undoing a lot of the changes I made, just so the mod would once again actually remove the vanilla backstories. However, since the only context in which their presence actually matters is when selecting backstories in "Prepare Carefully," it might be possible to tweak something there so the vanilla backstories simply don't show up unless "Editable Backstories" is running in lite mode.  I'll make a note to look into it.

Moving on to "Permafrost"....

Idea #1. Um, yeah, I kind of almost thought of that myself, and now, I'm kind of embarrassed that I didn't.  :P

Idea #2. I thought about something like that when I was first creating the mod, but then kind of forgot about it, in favor of simply making thin ice more difficult to traverse. Not sure how easy/practical it would actually be to have terrain be "trapped" for lack of a better word, but I'll make a note to revisit the idea.

Idea #3. There's already code that triggers the "soaking wet" thought when pawns walk through water, so I could probably just expand from there with relevant temperature checks. Honestly, though, I probably would make it substantially less serious than what you've proposed, simply because AI pathfinding is so... abysmally stupid sometimes.  ;)

It occurs to me that it would be really wonderful if the "acceptability" of a tile for pathfinding could be adjusted with the temperature, but unfortunately, it can't. A water tile has the same movement cost whether the temperature is a balmy 80F or a potentially fatal -20F.  :D
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Namsan

Can you add some positive traits to Autism Spectrum Disorder?
I think current autistic people in your mod is like, "They are clearly worse than normal people!"
I know all autistic people are not same, but they tend to have great at memorize things they like, or they are really fast at they like to do.
Well I'm an autistic person so I maybe have somewhat biased view at it...
Hello

dburgdorf

Scenarios has been updated:

- Added a check to prevent pod crashes from generating absurd amounts of wood if another mod has given the map's biome a too-high plant density rating.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Warforyou

Somehow "pawns are capable" suddenly stopped working. Is there an issue with the recent update of fluffy's "work tab"?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Warforyou on November 14, 2018, 09:20:54 AMSomehow "pawns are capable" suddenly stopped working. Is there an issue with the recent update of fluffy's "work tab"?

There are no issues that I'm aware of, and no one else has reported any problems.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Hexwall

Hey! Can you make it so i can put fishing spots on Nature is Pretty Sweet's ice? The river near my colony freezes during winter with that mod but I cant add fishing spots there without compatibility...

dburgdorf

Quote from: Hexwall on November 14, 2018, 02:10:04 PMHey! Can you make it so i can put fishing spots on Nature is Pretty Sweet's ice? The river near my colony freezes during winter with that mod but I cant add fishing spots there without compatibility...

I'll take a look. Shouldn't be difficult.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

wreckcelsior

Quote from: wreckcelsior on November 11, 2018, 01:38:50 PMIs there any way to have these bonuses included into the lunch bag without you having to add them each individually?

Quote from: dburgdorf on November 11, 2018, 02:53:06 PM
Unfortunately, no, there isn't. In order to have packed lunches with differing buffs, each would have to be its own distinct item, with its own distinct creation recipe. (The closest the game comes to having multiple possible outcomes from a single recipe is the use of "stuff" as an ingredient.)

Thanks for the reply, dorfiest of dorf ones.

cheers.

Tyolan

Question for the "Etched Stone Walls" mod:

Is it possible to add the alternative/reverse option to smooth manually built stone walls and tiles? I like the smooth aspect better that the built one.

Thx.

fidelfc

Hey, the clean OCD is really bugged atm, the pawn picks an item, and keep "hauling" it from side to side.

That's not really the problem, the problem is that this lags the game REALLY hard. And since it triggers every single day, it's making the game impossible.
"

dburgdorf

Quote from: fidelfc on November 15, 2018, 03:27:44 PMHey, the clean OCD is really bugged atm....

You're not the first to report the problem. (And apparently, the same or a similar problem existed back in SeveralPuffins' a17 version of the mod, as well.) It's on my "to do" list; in the meantime, probably the best thing to do is just go into the mod's configuration options and set the c-OCD manifestation rate to 0%.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Rational Romance has been updated:

- Fixed a bug that sometimes allowed pawns with preexisting romantic partners to be assigned two different orientation traits.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Madman666

Yeah, with new re-fertilizing mechanics lag spikes when people do terraforming becomes an issue. Am i the only one who gets sharp FPS drops when people place rich\plowed soil?

Vladimir 777

The minor incompatibility problem of the "Fertile Fields" with the "Prison Labor" mod.

If "Fertile Fields" is used together with either "Prison Labor",  then receiving plant scraps from cutting plants in the growing zone when pawns work automatic is impossible. Using the "harvest" button in the growing zone and using the pawn command "prioritize cutting..." allows you to receive plant scraps.

Cutting trees and bushes when clearing an area for construction also does not receiving plant scraps. However, using the "chop wood" and "harvest" buttons on wild plants, you can get plant scraps without even using the pawn command "prioritize cutting..."

dburgdorf

Quote from: Vladimir 777 on November 20, 2018, 05:13:26 PMThe minor incompatibility problem of the "Fertile Fields" with the "Prison Labor" mod.....

From what you're describing, it sounds as if "Prison Labor" might be using custom JobDrivers for some reason; if that's the case, there's probably not much I can do about it, as the functionality that you're not seeing is tied directly to modifications of the vanilla plant harvesting JobDrivers. But as I said, I'll look into it further, probably over the long weekend.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?