[1.0] Rainbeau's Mods (Backstories, Fishing, Romance, Terraforming, and More!)

Started by dburgdorf, October 13, 2018, 02:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jptrrs

Quote from: dburgdorf on December 09, 2018, 04:00:14 PM
Quote from: GileIG on December 09, 2018, 02:55:50 PMPerhaps it would be clearer if the buttons primarily described the resulting resource, but not a change in the type of soil :)

If the buttons "primarily described" the byproducts of the transformations instead of the transformations themselves, you'd end up with a lot of buttons uselessly labeled with names like "two piles of dirt."

I'm gonna have to agree with GileIG. I find myself constantly struggling to figure out what terraforming step is needed to get more clay or more sand, and the transformations themselves end up being the subproducts. Its much more difficult to figure it out from the various info panels. And you could easily have a series of buttons for "two piles of dirt": from soil, from marsh, etc, just like there is a button for each different material you can build a table from.

jamaicancastle

Perhaps the Terraforming transformations could show their products in icons, instead of just a shovel when they yield something? (I routinely forget that's what the shovel means.) So a transformation that yields say 3 piles of dirt would have three dirt icons on the button. FWIW this information is in the infobox that pops up when you hover over the button, but it's hard to see "at a glance" when you're considering different options.

While we're talking about Terraforming buttons, I'd really like a blanket "transform whatever to X" designator. So you'd drag say dirt over a bunch of mixed terrain and it would figure out "these tiles are gravel, put down gravel->dirt frames; these tiles are sand, put down sand->dirt; these tiles are dirt, do nothing".

Eryx

Does your 'configurable maps' mod work for 1.0 or is it still being worked on..?

jptrrs

Quote from: jamaicancastle on March 04, 2019, 11:49:56 PM
Perhaps the Terraforming transformations could show their products in icons, instead of just a shovel when they yield something? (I routinely forget that's what the shovel means.) So a transformation that yields say 3 piles of dirt would have three dirt icons on the button. FWIW this information is in the infobox that pops up when you hover over the button, but it's hard to see "at a glance" when you're considering different options.

While we're talking about Terraforming buttons, I'd really like a blanket "transform whatever to X" designator. So you'd drag say dirt over a bunch of mixed terrain and it would figure out "these tiles are gravel, put down gravel->dirt frames; these tiles are sand, put down sand->dirt; these tiles are dirt, do nothing".

Those are good ideas!

atewithouttabIe

If anyones using RF Concrete and the Embrasures that come with it in concert w the latest CE - you have to change the fillpercent of the RF embrasures from 0.95 to say 0.7 else your colos will just stand and stare at the embrasures snotbubbling about "no line of sight" despite 20 tribals hacking away at the embrasure/wall on the other side w their wooden spears for what appear to be serveral quadrums...

zozilin

Rainbeau, I don't know if you're still reading Ludeon forums or steam page, so I will double post.
Found a bug in Fertile Fields: pawns assigned to construction will try to build thing above their skill level.
Example: pawn (skill level 0) tries to build a generator (skill level 4). You can't force a pawn to build, option is grayed out, but they will try to do so as part of their job priorities with spam of this error. https://pastebin.com/zf8UnHMW
Effectively they stand in place and do nothing.
Tested both with my mod list and just Core and Fertile Fields.
Here's an output log made with Hugslib https://pastebin.com/F7ynAzq7
Thank you for the mod and I hope you're still there somewhere.

shadowstitch

I love Archipelagos, but it's always a little unsettling to get a random trade caravan on an island base surrounded by impassable ocean tiles in every direction.

LiteEmUp

i hate to nag, but i'm wondering what is the current status of 1.0 version of razzle dazzle??

i'm glad that you have updated most of severalpuffin's mods, but this razzle dazzle mod is one of those on the top of my wish list lol..

also if possible to make a request regarding severalpuffin's recon and discovery mod: is it possible to have the osiris casket and stargates added as standalone mods for 1.0 version pls, which also includes the events that are associated with those 2...

i know that some of the things in that mod are already available in 1.0 on some mods, but these 2 are one of the few last things i haven't added yet to my campaign

Pelador

Rainbeau, setup a Plant scraps generator akin to the wood generator for personal use, but thought I'd share it as a potential suggestion to include in the base mod of RFF. (up to you if you want to use it, but I found it helpful even if scraps can be converted to chemfuel).

(See attached files).

[attachment deleted due to age]

LiteEmUp

im currently using advanced bridges and so far im loving it.. i have a question regarding compatibility with sd's bridge mod..

im wondering if both are compatibility with each other or no?? if compatible which one is in higher load order??

what i realized that sd bridge mod has that the rf bridge mod didn't have is the drawbridge... i've been wanting to see this and didnt saw it on sd's version, before choosing which bridge mod to go with...

Canute

LiteEmUp,
what did i said when you ask about the loadorder ?
You should avoid mods that add the same thing.
And do you think the mod author check all possible mod combinations ? Don't forget it is their hobby to mod and not a job. Some good modder will made a patch to made it compactible with other mods if YOU find a problem.

It is too much trouble for you just to activate the mod, load your last safegame and test it out ? You can use the dev tools to finish the researches or god mode to place stuff without research.
When it don't works well you still can deactiative the last mod and load the safegame.

Theurg

Hi.
Does anyone have a problem with "Fertile Fields" on 1.0? I think i've played already on 1.0 and everything was ok, but in current playthrough got a problem - there are no buttons in "Terraform" tab after researching "Terraforming (2000)" that allows creation of cave farms. I clearly remember that there was a button "Rocky ground from rough stone", starting point of making fertile dirt inside mountains, and it disappeared now! All other options are in place. :(

Canute

No i don't got any problem.
Maybe you looked wrong.
When you want remove stone ground you need to use "Rough Gravel from stone" that should be the 1. button.
Then you can transform the gravel into sand or stony soil.
And Sand/stony soil into soil.

whyareuhere

Hi, I'm using Rainbeau's Fertile Fields with the Nature's Pretty Sweet mod. I have issues where I can only terraform certain areas of shallow water into sand. Other areas of shallow water get turned into sand and then instantly transform back into shallow water, wasting resources.

In addition, since Nature's Pretty Sweet also adds in seasonal tides, the water level changes over the seasons, turning some areas of shallow water into river deposits (land). Does the Rainbeau's fishing work if it's built on the bank of a river/lake during that time?

whyareuhere

Hi, I'm using the Work Tab along with the [RF] Pawns are Capable! mod with Fluffy's Work Tab and a mod called Common Sense. On past saves this worked perfectly. I recently had to reinstall the game so I screwed up the mod order, but now using the Work Tab I can't assign any of the hated works (it still says hated works instead of incapable of)... when I click the check box for the work it doesn't produce any errors.

Is there any sort of load order for this mod? Are there any known incompatibilities? Any info helps.