Missing Textures?

Started by MarineEcologist, October 14, 2018, 05:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarineEcologist

This only happens when Rimworld downloads all existing workshop subscriptions, I've launched the game without any workshop mods added and downloaded and everything is fine but as soon as the workshop mods download even with nothing activated except "Core" in the mods list it will keep giving me the same errors of not finding textures/missing textures. I've even reinstalled the game and verified game files on steam thinking maybe its just missing a file, but it still says the exact same errors. I have no idea how to fix this, I don't know anything about code and what not so I don't know what half of this means :/. Also I've tried seeing what it looks like without the textures, but everything is fine until a pawn tries to eat a meal, the texture then turns into a box with an X in the middle. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it :)
EX:
Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Item/Resource/Silver/Silver in any active mod or in base resources.

MatFrom with null sourceTex.

Here's the full log w/mods:
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/66f8e04ebddcf26445aa5e185d46dd6b

Canute

Mosttimes this error happen from a B18 mod that used at B19 or higher.
Check if all your mods are for B19.

MarineEcologist

I've checked, all mods say they're compatible with b19 except I notice small differences some say 19.000 and some others say 19.002 its fine,
I think I'll just wait for the full release and hopefully it will be fixed by then.

Canute

Or you can find out self what mod it does.
Just deactivate half of the mod, start a quickstart game with the hugslib button (dev mode need to be enabled, one of the top icons).
Since even packaged survival pack got the error, you should set it right from the start if you got the right one deactivated.

MarineEcologist

Well thats the thing, I'll have no mods enabled except hugslib, but it will still have the same error. As long as any of the workshop mods have been downloaded it will give this error to me. It only stops if I dont have any downloaded, even if its just one workshop mod downloaded it does this.

Even if I have mods Deactivated it will still give the same message when I restart it. I've tried uninstalling and deleting the local files in the steam directory but it keeps happening.
Updated Log:
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/d01bbd63871dc780572512273dd52025

Canute

Very strange.
Did try to delete core too?
Steam should reinstall it.

MarineEcologist

I deleted Core and verified the game and now it seems to be working fine :D
Thanks!  :) :)

zakouski

Just had the same issue, made a total clean reinstall to get a fresh start.