What Mods do you think are literally unplayable without?

Started by TheNomad, October 15, 2018, 08:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNomad

Just curious what people think. For me it's probably gotta be Dubs Bad Hygiene mod. I dunno, it just feels to me like it adds so much more depth to the game.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=836308268
They have imprisoned me and are stealing my organs.

5thHorseman

Do you mean "literally" literally? Or the way the Internet uses it?  :D

Literally, the game is perfectly playable without any mods.

I don't really want to play the game, however, without a bevy of UI/UX mods, like:

• Achtung!
  • Colony Manager
  • Autoseller
  • No Forced Slowdown
  • Blighted Alert
  • Squad UI Tweaks
  • Pharmacist
  • NoEdgeFade
  • Cleaning Area
  • Moody
  • Allow Tool
  • Better Workbench Management

In no particular order. I basically went though my mod list and wrote down the ones I would miss the most if I couldn't use them.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Ruisuki

prepare carefully, psychology, giddy up, rbse, rimsenal, smokeleaf industry, simplesidearms, run and gun, hospitality, bad hygiene/rimkit, orbital hubs united, facial stuff/rimface, razzle dazzle, joy objects, rainbeaus incapable/wild/maybe fertilefields children and pregnancy, prison labor once i try them.

Bolty

I play with loads of mods in my game, so there's quite a few that I get used to and feel "lost" when they aren't there. These are the ones I really struggle without though.

• Child and Pregnancy
  • Prepare Carefully
  • Pawns are Capable
  • Psychology
  • Numerous mods which add different hairstyles
  • Vegetable Garden
  • Selling prisoners with no guilt  ;D
  • Animals Logic
  • Run and Gun
  • More Furniture

Waras

Usualy I preffer vannila style, but sometimes I go mad and play with tons of mods, as with vannila style, these mods are a must:
AllowTool
FashionRimsta
and thats it!(hope they implement those features in vannila too)
(with the 1.0 upgrades, theres no need for other mods, but in previous versions there was also: Fluffy tabs, SmoothStoneWalls, WheresTheGravels(not sure about this yet, they did update some visuals))
(oh and please no prepare carefully, this is a cheat mod, I hate that one)

WereCat88

Combat Extended

Without it the combat feels boring for me
I am The Primal Mammelon

Waras

Quote from: WereCat88 on October 20, 2018, 01:57:10 PM
Combat Extended

Without it the combat feels boring for me
Also big NO to combat extended xD, as it is very disbalanced, makes guns way too op versus melee, sure it does have many good features too, but as it is now, its a no

AcetheSuperVillain

Actually, the side-arms mod, I forgot the exact name, makes the game feel so much better, more real.  I think it's included in CE, or something like it is, but it's much nicer to have it on its own. 

I just started playing 1.0 without most of my 0.19 mods, and that's the one I'm missing the most. 

Canute

No CE got his own backpack system, it is similar to Simple Side Arms.

Golden

EdB Prepare Carefully
Prepare Landing
Map Reroll
StackXXL
Simple Bulk Cooking
Colorblind Minerals (I'm not colorblind, but the base colors of some minerals are too hard to see, imo)
Meal Radius 80 Tiles
[MF] No Edge Fade
Soil Clarifier
[KV] Trading Spot
Door Mat R1.0
Veinminer R1.0

Those are the ones I almost always use.  :D

Rainyface

Prepare Carefully because I usually have some pretty clear idea of what I want to do and have specific needs of my starter colonists/equipment.
Simple Sidearms I noticed very quickly I was chafing very bitterly without.

The rest I managed to get by without -too- much gritting of teeth, though it was on the edge without a couple whose names I forgot which add more events on the world map.