[1.0.2057] Some stockpiles missing "allow fresh" / "allow rotten"

Started by swni, October 15, 2018, 09:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swni

I have noticed that some stockpiles in my base are missing the "allow rotten" or both "allow rotten" and "allow fresh" checkboxes.  (I have verified that copying settings from other stockpiles does allow me to change them, though.)

I believe this could be a one-time issue related to updating from 1.0.2055 to 1.0.2057, as it happened shortly afterwards, and new stockpiles I create seem to always be correct. I couldn't find a release announcement board or I would have posted there instead of here.

(I have screenshots but they are too large to attach, and they don't contain any more information than I gave above.)

Kenneth

Can you upload the savegame with this issue?
Please check out the "5. Savegame file" paragraph in the how to report bugs sticky: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0 on how to upload large screenshots / savegames :)

arl85

I found the same behavior in 1.0.2282
In this savegame, stockpiles around Rynyk doesn't show the "allow rotten" filter.
I can't remember anything strange I did with those zones, other than shrinking them and then expanding again, but I cannot reproduce the behavior.

OnlyMarvellous

I've experienced this on 1.0.2282 as well, and it's easy to reproduce.
I won't upload a save because my save is modded, but this bug can be reproduced in two seconds on a brand new save with no mods active, which is how I tested it.

Create a stockpile and disallow everything except something that can't rot, like stone blocks. Now save the game and reload. That particular stockpile won't have "Allow fresh/rotten" visible any more. If you then allow food to be stored in that stockpile, and save and reload again, you'll find either "Allow fresh" or "Allow rotten" has returned, but probably not both.
If you have a stockpile and only allow food, then I don't think either of the "Allow" checks will disappear at all. It only seems to occur with certain categories, and it occurs in both dumping stockpiles and regular stockpiles.
Run away!

LWM

This is certainly still easy to reproduce:

Start a new game.  Create several shelves/stockpile zones.  Set their allowed stockpiles to include:

1.  Everything.
2.  Nothing.
3.  Only Weapons
4.  Only Food category
5.  Only Corpses category.

Save the game.  Reload the game.  Check the settings of the shelves/zones.

Some of the ThingFilters will not show "Allow rotten" or "Allow fresh" and some will only show "Allow fresh".

For whatever reason, the root SpecialThingFilters are getting lost. This is a terribly annoying bug for some people, and there's no real way around it besides re-loading the safe game after allowing something like corpses in the filter.

Would another sample save game be helpful?

BlackSmokeDMax