[1.0.2057] Allied faction pawn self-tend infection after being rescued.

Started by Jacuza, October 15, 2018, 11:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacuza

Had a few instances where after saving a pawn that went unconscious/pain shock/incapacitated from a raid or transport pod crash, and got an infection, they will self tend their infection if they are awake, thus leading to a really bad quality of tending if their medical level is not decent and eventually die from it.

5thHorseman

Wait how do you rescue someone who's up and walking around?
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Jacuza

You don't. It used to be that they'll just stay in bed until they fully recovered. You need to feed and tend them. The problem here is that if they get an infection after being rescued, they are still injured but they are awake, they will self tend their infection.

5thHorseman

And I can see how this sucks but, they're not your pawn and you can't tell them what to do. Once they can walk they get to decide, are they in your colony or not. That one decided not, and at that moment they became a visitor.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Jacuza

True, but this applies to transport pod crash too. They don't immediately join you as you rescue them, so you might end up getting a colonist that's just about to die from an infection.

Kenneth

I've recently changed self-tending to be impossible if lying in the host faction's medical bed. That should fix this. Thanks for reporting! ;)