the ludeon policy makes the game unplayable

Started by ikodan, September 30, 2018, 01:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzoxz0

You don't really need "trading spot" anymore, caravans have become much smarter the past few versions.

5thHorseman

Quote from: vzoxz0 on October 15, 2018, 06:20:58 AM
You don't really need "trading spot" anymore, caravans have become much smarter the past few versions.
They have stopped interrupting sleep and freeing prisoners, but they still frequently park outside my border walls on the side of my base opposite the store room.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

vzoxz0

I like the behaviour of stopping outside intentionally made walls. It makes sense that they wouldn't just barge in. I wish they wouldn't have default access to every room in my base though. That's just silly.

5thHorseman

Quote from: vzoxz0 on October 15, 2018, 10:03:51 PM
I like the behaviour of stopping outside intentionally made walls. It makes sense that they wouldn't just barge in.

So now all that needs done is to make them not barge in from one side of the map, cross right through all the living spaces, exit the other side of the base and stop there.

Though frankly I prefer this, so I can time meeting them to trade when they're actually near the stockpile.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

SystemDC

I think it'd be cool if they stopped inside the stockpile with the most wealth in it; as if they were inspecting the goods you had.

viperwasp

I will admit that I did not read everyones comments in this whole thread. I skimmed though it. But here are my thoughts.

1st.... Vanilla Rimworld is great. In my opinion as few as 10-20 mods does make a world of difference. When you add more mods they conflict with each other and yes that will cause lag and other issues and bloat the game. Welcome to every game ever as all of that is normal and can't really be fixed.

2nd.... Half of the issues your talking about are STEAM related. And Tynan may add in options to select to prevent certain types of auto updating and yes the mod makers have be careful as well.

3rd.... This ties in directly with #2.... Ummm I hate to admit this.... I own Rimworld on Steam for fun. Or as extra support. In some ways it's convenient to own steam version. But I can't play Rimworld on Steam Version. I can't.... For the main reason in this forum. I owned a copy of the official site version LONG before the game was released on Steam. And the great awesome thing about the other version. Is that is does not automatically update. And neither do any of the mods.

So you download the game from the official site. Make your mod pack. And if it works once it will work 10 years later in theory.... No updates. Now if you do want to update it. You download it again as a new version. And wow and behold you have BOTH versions as separate folders.

To date I still have full copies of the game for
A10
A11
A12
A13
A14
A15
A17
And soon
Version 1.0

I don't have B18 or B19 because I did not play them they had bugs I hated.

And I have multiple copies of A17 each with there own personalized set of mods.

For example

A17 - Vanilla - Night's Watch
A17 - Modded - Dormouse Inn
A17 - Modded - Zombie Land
A17 - Modded - Starwars

So I have 4 copies of A17 each with a custom mod set. Including Vanilla. And I can play any one I want anytime. No fears of updates. And they are all 100% separate on Save Files and Mods. So I can't even accidentally delete or save over the wrong file.

Now it's not really Tynans fault for how it is on Steam. If you really love Rimworld and want to avoid this problem completely I would suggest buying the game again on the website. But most people won't do that. Which is okay I don't blame you.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4