Most .19 mods will work in 1.0?

Started by jpinard, October 17, 2018, 01:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpinard

i'm sorry, my brain is just not working as I'm so tired.  Based on what Tynan said before with the 1.0 being mostly bugfixes over .19 - will most mods sitting at .19 on workshop probably work OK in 1.0?

vzoxz0

Mods are for the weak. If they don't work now they will soon, there is very little that changed between the versions.

viperwasp

Yes many of the B19 should work? But in the past I still got console popups even when using mods that did work simply because in the coding they were signed for another version etc? I don't know if that is the case. But since I build 20+ mod packs for myself. I don't want to take chances. I'm only putting in Mods that say 1.0 and only after reading the last 3-4 comments on the mod post forum to make sure people are not complaining or posting a known issue etc. Also read any change logs or mod incompatibility in the description. Do that and most mods will work fine together. lol
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Kirby23590

I think most of them will run in 1.0 if they were mostly coded in XML...

You might get an error saying the mod is running the wrong version but it shouldn't be that big of an deal, just be cautious if you see anything funny when running with mods that are incompatible.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

RemingtonRyder

Some mods will not work. There were a few little things that changed between B19 and 1.0 (extra parameters may have been added, which means that mods which patch using the old parameters will fail).