[1.0] No mods appearing in Mod list

Started by oblivion2k, October 17, 2018, 08:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oblivion2k

1   What the circumstances were.
Uninstalled and Reinstalled Rimworld to get a fresh start and ensure no incompatible mods moving from b19 to 1.0. Subscribed to a couple of new mods from the Steam Workshop. Started up Rimworld, greeted with the "welcome to 1.0" message, clicked okay, clicked on the mods button.

2  What happened.
Empty mods list, besides the Core file.

3  What you expected to happen.
My downloaded mods from the workshop to be there, all 78 of them.

4  Steps we can follow to make the bug appear on our machine.
Uninstall and reinstall Rimworld, potentially on a seperate HDD, as I installed on an SSD this time to speed up startup times with multiple mods active.

5  Savegame file
N/A, no saves present.

6  Log File
    Attached to post

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tynan

The log file looks entirely clean.

I don't know what's going on, to be honest. I'd suggest looking in the actual mod folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100) to see if the mods are there. You'll know if it's a Steam issue or a game issue.

Moving to Support because I think it's likely a support issue (otherwise there would be thousands of people screaming about this).
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

oblivion2k

Thanks for the response Tynan.

I checked out the workshop folder, and didn't see a 294100 folder. I also looked for that folder on the drive that the game was previously installed on just to be sure, but it's not there either.

Would it be a different folder on an x86 build of the game?

If not, I'm at a loss. I'll probably have to contact Steam, not looking forward to that.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: oblivion2k on October 18, 2018, 03:30:25 PM
Thanks for the response Tynan.

I checked out the workshop folder, and didn't see a 294100 folder. I also looked for that folder on the drive that the game was previously installed on just to be sure, but it's not there either.

Would it be a different folder on an x86 build of the game?

If not, I'm at a loss. I'll probably have to contact Steam, not looking forward to that.

Perhaps try to unsubscribe, shut down steam (completely, not just close the interface), then restart Steam and re-subscribe to some mods. Watch the Steam downloads to see if it says it is actually downloading anything. If it does say it downloaded, then check to see if you then have the /294100 directory. If not perhaps try searching your computer for "294100", perhaps you changed some Steam setting at some time and it is downloading elsewhere...

Not sure after that, probably time to contact Steam  :(

oblivion2k

Well, after leaving it alone for a while due to real life responsibilities, today I fired up Steam and was greeted with a workshop download containing all of my mods.

It was far from the first time I had restarted my computer, and started steam again between my last post and this one, but THIS time, Steam decided it wanted to download my missing workshop files again.

Checked the mods tab on Rimworld, and it looks like we're all set.

That was certainly odd.  :o