Rejected? Internet handle? WHAT?

Started by Phantom404, October 17, 2018, 08:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantom404

Arbis 'McScruff' McTaren is my submission. I received an email stating that 'McScruff' is unacceptable because it's not conversational enough. I replied on June 2 pleading my case but haven't heard back. Now that the game has gone to 1.0 I'm wondering to myself if I'm ever going to get an answer, let alone my name in the game!

I love Rimworld, but I too desire the joy of recruiting the pawn that I named!

Phantom404

So Arbis 'McTaren" McScruff gets rejected because it doesn't blend in well enough, but Red Lobster is okay? LOL! Come on. I donated $15 just like everybody else, can't I even get a response? If there's a reason why my name isn't good enough then TELL ME. Don't just leave me hanging like this.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1573746838

[attachment deleted due to age]

5thHorseman

Are you sure "Red Lobster" paid for a name, or maybe "Red" is a valid first name (It is a real name) and "Lobster" is a valid last name (I've seen a lot of animals in names in this game).

It's an honest question. I can't seem to find in the game data files where people's names are listed, backers or randoms.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Phantom404

That is a valid point I hadn't thought of. Would still like some communication though.

Phantom404

I contacted support. Michael set things straight for me. I'm excited!