[MOD] (ALPHA 5) High Population Story Teller

Started by mipen, July 09, 2014, 04:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

This is a very simple mod which just adds a new story teller called Rambunctious Clarence. She gives a lot more colonists but is much more difficult than Classic Cassandra (just below tough cleo).

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

StormProxy

JKTD1919

Wow, this is the first mod of its kind, isn't it?
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

BetaSpectre

I've been using Pop+'s instructions to make all my story tellers let me have 100+ colonists
And the Colonist mod for an easy start.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

mipen

Quote from: JKTD1919 on July 09, 2014, 09:46:12 PM
Wow, this is the first mod of its kind, isn't it?
It's a very simple change to the storyteller def :D basically just increases the min and max colonist values
Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 09, 2014, 09:54:08 PM
I've been using Pop+'s instructions to make all my story tellers let me have 100+ colonists
And the Colonist mod for an easy start.
Oh, where could I find this? And how does the colonist mod work for you? I was reading the comments and a lot of people were seeming to have issues so I thought I'd better not try it just in case it ended up breaking the colony half way through

JKTD1919

It's "mostly" fixed. Now the only problems are aesthetic.
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

AstronauticalFerret

I enjoy your mod very much, inspired me to make my own ^.^.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: mipen on July 09, 2014, 10:11:02 PM
Oh, where could I find this?
I think this is what BetaSpectre is referring to: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2157.msg40697#msg40697
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

theapolaustic1

Loving this storyteller right now. Seems to hit just the right balance point for me. Challenging, but not unfair. I've lost a few colonists, come close to losing a few others, but it's never felt like it wasn't from a mistake. The difficulty of keeping everyone fed has been making psychotic breaks a much more prevalent threat than previous playthroughs for me, but not unmanageable. I just have to actually pay attention now.

Works really well with T's mods, the cotton requirement+high pop is a pretty delicious mix. The main challenge for a bit was just keeping enough beds around for everyone (I had six sleeping spots designated in my prison at one point. Six!)

I will admit to entirely cheating and adding an extra steam geyser to the map. Two geothermal plants for a colony of nearly twenty just wasn't cutting it for me. I feel guilty for it, though.

Cala13er

Quote from: ItchyFlea on July 10, 2014, 07:39:13 AM
Quote from: mipen on July 09, 2014, 10:11:02 PM
Oh, where could I find this?
I think this is what BetaSpectre is referring to: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2157.msg40697#msg40697

Why have you stopped updating that mod? I like it!

Patrykbono20

theapolaustic1

Quote from: patrykbono20 on August 16, 2014, 08:37:45 AM
any update for this awesome mod ?

I don't think A6 changed how storytellers load at all, the challenge scale by my understanding is unrelated to the storyteller's actual files. I think it should still work perfectly fine in A6 as-is.

LORDPrometheus

Can anyone confirm that this is working in alpha 6? Has anyone tried?