1.0 Transport Pod occupant missing

Started by stretch611, October 18, 2018, 01:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stretch611

I am early in the game and had my first transport pod crash. I was told it was from a neutral faction and that he may join if rescued, and it may anger the faction if I attacked him.

I created a sleeping spot and marked it medical in a production room (early in the colony and I do not have a room to spare at the moment.) I selected my best doctor and right clicked to "rescue" the downed pawn.

A few seconds later I notice that the Dr I assigned to rescue the downed pawn is hauling other items. I look at the location of the crash and the injured pawn is gone. There are no other messages indicating any problems.

The pawn was close to the edge of the map, but I do not think that he had the time to walk to the edge. let alone recover from his crash injuries.

Save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3d9x1yjbxqe5w6a/Flatuent%20Folk.rws.7z?dl=0
Log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xnd13p8w1v4eik5/rimworld_log?dl=0

Jacuza

The injuries they get sometimes differ, and sometimes they recover as soon as they crashed, and they tend to their injuries as soon as they gain consciousness. You can't offer help anymore once they are up. Might just be unlucky, it happen to me too a few times.

5thHorseman

Yeah and someone on the way to rescue someone doesn't alert you that the rescue failed, so unless you're watching for it you won't even notice it. Very annoying.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

JackWearskin

Quote from: stretch611 on October 18, 2018, 01:11:43 AM

The pawn was close to the edge of the map, but I do not think that he had the time to walk to the edge. let alone recover from his crash injuries.

Why do you think this? What injuries did the pawn have, exactly? why would the pawn not have had enough time? Sometimes they are up and walking by the time the medic arrives to 'save' them.

Also, if the refugee dies in the medics arms, he will drop the corpse like a hot potato and go do something else.

Tynan

Yeah, several things can legit happen like this. It's not a guaranteed rescue. As designed, thanks for reporting.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog