[1.0 - 1.1] Alpha Animals - 2.08 (16/03/20)

Started by SargBjornson, October 18, 2018, 03:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargBjornson

Attaching a transparent, glowing building to an apparel, that's genius. I'll have to see if it can be done directly with a pawn!

jpinard

Quote from: ptx on November 12, 2018, 05:39:06 AM
Quote from: SargBjornson on November 12, 2018, 05:09:03 AM
Quote from: ptx on November 04, 2018, 07:53:18 PM
Your animal collection lacks Bioluminescence

I tried, but the game won't render moving lights :(

Ask Rikiki, his mining helmet does the trick.
https://github.com/Rikiki123456789/Rimworld/tree/master/MiningCo.%20MiningHelmet/MiningHelmet

Be careful.  His mod right now causeS the entire screen to go grey (randomlyJ during event generations.

Ruisuki

back on b18 it made my game lag whenever i turned the light on. Very cool but hoping in 1.0 thats not an issue anymore

FosterKicks

Bodog999

Quick question, in the changelog it said that the clutchmother is harder to tame now. Although I dont see a tame option button when I select one. Would this be a bug in the mod itself or a weird error with other mods?

Roolo

Hi Sarg.

I finally added the Giddy-up mod extension so you can let specific animals have custom stats when they're used as mount.

In the following example, a Thrumbo is patched so it's twice as fast, has a ridiculous amount of armor when mounted, and has a metal bounce off effect when the armor deflects projectiles when used as mount:

<Operation Class="PatchOperationAddModExtension">
<xpath>*/ThingDef[ defName = "Thrumbo"]</xpath>
<value>
<li Class="GiddyUpCore.CustomStatsPatch">
<!--Speed factor. In this example the thrumbo is made twice as fast when used as mount -->
<speedModifier>2.0</speedModifier>
<!--Armor factor. In this example the thrumbo has 10 times the heat/blunt/sharp armor when used as mount, making it completly indistructible -->
<armorModifier>10.0</armorModifier>
<!--Setting useMetalArmor to true, makes the animal's skin have the metal bounce of effect when hit when used as mount -->
<useMetalArmor>true</useMetalArmor>
</li>
</value>
</Operation>

Normally I'm a lot faster when you make requests like this, but I really wanted to get my What the Hack update out first before I'm leaving for a trip for 1 month, during which I won't be able to mod.

The extension doesn't do anything yet in the stats summary dialog, so you can't see the numbers changing (but they do change under the hood). I was a bit too tired to implement that too, but after my holidays I probably have the energy to add that too if you'd really like that. By the way, there's nothing stopping you from integrating into your own mod yourself :), you can also hook into the modextension from your mod to achieve that.

Let me know if you have more requests, or if anything is unclear.

SargBjornson

You are the most awesomenest.

I'll play with it and tell you if I get stuck with something! I'll also have to design some other creature to go along with the Meadowaves :)

Roolo

Quote from: SargBjornson on November 14, 2018, 02:19:32 PM
You are the most awesomenest.

I'll play with it and tell you if I get stuck with something! I'll also have to design some other creature to go along with the Meadowaves :)

Cool, looking forward to what you'll come up with!
By the way, I was going to upload the update to Steam right after I posted my previous message, but something came in between, so I only uploaded it just now. Just in case you were wondering. 

Dragonman558

What is the tame chance of the gallatross, my tamer has been hours from death about 10 times now, because gallatross goes into manhunter rage every time. Am I just wasting my time? I have the scenario tame chance set to 300%, and my character is level 16 in animals.

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Dragonman558 on November 14, 2018, 04:49:54 PM
What is the tame chance of the gallatross, my tamer has been hours from death about 10 times now, because gallatross goes into manhunter rage every time. Am I just wasting my time? I have the scenario tame chance set to 300%, and my character is level 16 in animals.

When your tamer fails, there should be a little pop-up above their head that states the chance of success for taming. Probably very low.

ptx

Quote from: Dragonman558 on November 14, 2018, 04:49:54 PM

1 Melee guard animal, 1 fast escape animal (horse).
or the Thrumbo beating technique.

Serkith

Hello and thanks for the mod !

I would like to ask you Sarg, what is your favorite animal of the mod ?
And what can we expect from the Raptor Shrimp ? I like to imagine that it's a very large creature, very tall in my game !
My only downside is that the render of the Galatross is a bit.. "too simple" :(

SargBjornson

Yeah, the Gallatross is very conceptual. I think A_Friend drew it that way so that people can project their imagination a bit. Someone said they envision it as a gorilla-like creature. I imagine a fat antelope XDD I tend to draw too much detail in my own creatures (Genetic Rim's, for example), so in Alpha Animals I'm trying to do things in his personal style, more in line with vanilla.

I'd say my favourite is the Wildpod