[1.0 - 1.1] Alpha Animals - 2.08 (16/03/20)

Started by SargBjornson, October 18, 2018, 03:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargBjornson

It's the Animus Vox, yeah! It has a psionic nuzzle ability that has a better mood buff than normal pets. RimWorld doesn't have anything psionic in vanilla, does it? Can't recall seeing it

Eitch

Pardon, I was confused with psychic. They are similar concept, but still different enough to merit your own interpretation! :)

123nick

have you thought of adding a thing where devil sheep can sometimes cause a minor mental break in nearby colonists? seems like it would with the description it has about it being a bad omen, and not to listen to its whispers :P

also, did the bug with the ferralisk clutch mother eating its own eggs get fixed?

viperwasp

Keep it up! This mod is pretty amazing already and will only get better I predict.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

SargBjornson

Quote from: 123nick on October 22, 2018, 10:55:39 PM
also, did the bug with the ferralisk clutch mother eating its own eggs get fixed?

Derp! Missed it! Fixing it on next update, today or tomorrow at the latest :)

Fletchawk

Speaking of the clutch mothers, is there a way make it exclude them from self-taming events? I imagine the chances are pretty low on maps with a decent amount of wildlife, but when playing in extreme biomes, they are much more likely to get picked.

Having a clutch mother is pretty op, especially if you have someone to maintain it's tameness. It's basically an infinite and steady supply of insect meat/chitin, which along with your new horde stunning tames, makes survival of raids super easy.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be tamable, just that they shouldn't be able to self tame.

Another thought is, if it's possible, to make it so the 'Charged' eggs always hatch into wild spiders. That way, even if you tame a clutch mother, there's always an aspect of danger of having them around.

harpo99999

where is the download (for non-steamers in particular)???

PinkMawile

My only hope is that one day my colonists learn to slaughter Aerofleets without turning into fireballs

Eitch

Quote from: Fletchawk on October 23, 2018, 04:32:55 PM
Speaking of the clutch mothers, is there a way make it exclude them from self-taming events? I imagine the chances are pretty low on maps with a decent amount of wildlife, but when playing in extreme biomes, they are much more likely to get picked.

Having a clutch mother is pretty op, especially if you have someone to maintain it's tameness. It's basically an infinite and steady supply of insect meat/chitin, which along with your new horde stunning tames, makes survival of raids super easy.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be tamable, just that they shouldn't be able to self tame.

Another thought is, if it's possible, to make it so the 'Charged' eggs always hatch into wild spiders. That way, even if you tame a clutch mother, there's always an aspect of danger of having them around.
In general I wonder why self-tame event target selection is made randomly without accounting for tameability.

Canute

Quote from: harpo99999 on October 23, 2018, 05:54:55 PM
where is the download (for non-steamers in particular)???
At the end of the 2. posting.
I think Sarg should move the download link at the top of the 1. postings.

ISO87

After updating from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4, the textures of the PebbleMit don't appear in game

QuoteFailed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Animal/AA_PebbleMit/AA_Dessicated_PebbleMit, color=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000)). Filenames have changed; if you are converting an old mod, recommend renaming textures from *_back to *_north, *_side to *_east, and *_front to *_south.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Graphic_Multi:Init(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:GetInner(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:Get(Type, String, Shader, Vector2, Color, Color, GraphicData, List`1)
Verse.GraphicData:Init()
Verse.GraphicData:get_Graphic()
Verse.GraphicData:GraphicColoredFor(Thing)
Verse.PawnGraphicSet:ResolveAllGraphics()
Verse.Pawn_AgeTracker:<RecalculateLifeStageIndex>m__0()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteWhenFinished(Action)
Verse.Pawn_AgeTracker:RecalculateLifeStageIndex()
Verse.Pawn_AgeTracker:get_CurLifeStageIndex()
Verse.Pawn_AgeTracker:get_CurLifeStageRace()
Verse.Pawn_AgeTracker:get_CurLifeStage()
Verse.Pawn:get_BodySize()
RimWorld.Need_Food:get_MaxLevel()
RimWorld.Need:set_CurLevelPercentage(Single)
RimWorld.Need_Food:SetInitialLevel()
RimWorld.Pawn_NeedsTracker:SetInitialLevels()
Verse.PawnGenerator:TryGenerateNewPawnInternal(PawnGenerationRequest&, String&, Boolean, Boolean)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GenerateNewPawnInternal(PawnGenerationRequest&)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GenerateOrRedressPawnInternal(PawnGenerationRequest)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GeneratePawn_Patch1(PawnGenerationRequest)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GeneratePawn(PawnKindDef, Faction)
RimWorld.WildAnimalSpawner:SpawnRandomWildAnimalAt(IntVec3)
RimWorld.WildAnimalSpawner:WildAnimalSpawnerTick()
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I checked the folder and the names seems to be correct

Image in the attachment.

[attachment deleted due to age]

oali24

I had a Gallatros self tame, and I wanted to slaughter it, but it doesn't provide very much leather, and it doesn't a horn like the thrumbo, it should drop more leather and a horn or something imo.

SargBjornson

Quote from: ISO87 on October 24, 2018, 11:15:25 AM
After updating from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4, the textures of the PebbleMit don't appear in game

Well, today I learned GitHub isn't case sensitive for image names, which is incredibly stupid. You can redownload it now, it's fixed!

As for the gallatross, it gives 180 leather and 540 meat, I'd say that's already A LOT. It is much better to have it tamed, though. If you can train it, it is a mobile artillery turret

oali24

Quote from: SargBjornson on October 24, 2018, 12:38:42 PM
Quote from: ISO87 on October 24, 2018, 11:15:25 AM

As for the gallatross, it gives 180 leather and 540 meat, I'd say that's already A LOT. It is much better to have it tamed, though. If you can train it, it is a mobile artillery turret
I understand, its just that it drops 200 more meat but 30 less leather than a thrumbo it should more leather or less meat.