[1.0 - 1.1] Alpha Animals - 2.08 (16/03/20)

Started by SargBjornson, October 18, 2018, 03:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modo44

Nightlings seem to be killing stuff just to kill, leaving a lot of dead meat to rot. I see a lot of barely touched big game rotting. Is this on purpose, or a bug of some kind?

temple_wing

Cactipine yield 0 meat.
Seems missed a base value. Should be 90 X 50% = 45, but it's 0 now.

temple_wing

I got a group of manhunting cactipine attack my colony without generated a manhunting warning. So when I know that, they are already at my home.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But a got a "strange droppod" event, should I deconstruct that droppod?
Or should I attack that pod from distance?
It's in my map now.

qurffe

Quote from: temple_wing on October 29, 2018, 04:17:54 AM
I got a group of manhunting cactipine attack my colony without generated a manhunting warning. So when I know that, they are already at my home.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But a got a "strange droppod" event, should I deconstruct that droppod?
Or should I attack that pod from distance?
It's in my map now.

The pod is creating those manhunting cactpines in set intervals, and should dissapear after few days. No idea what will happen if you try to deconstruct/destroy it.

SargBjornson

Regarding nightlings, that wasn't on purpose, but I love it :D

Regarding cactipines, they indeed yield no meat. They can be butchered though to get some vegetable-like meat called "cactus meat".

Regarding the cactipine pod, you can just deconstruct if, or destroy it. It is supposed to be a nuisance rather than a threat. The whole event can be deactivated in the Mod Options if you don't like it. It's almost free vegetables, though ;)

SargBjornson

New batch of bugfixes!

v1.05:

- Implemented Animal Collab Project's AnimalVariations to make the Meadowaves not missbehave
- Added toggles in Mod Options for the cactipine drop pod event and the spider clutchmother events
- Meadowave and Mammoth Worm are now pack beasts
- Fixed A Dog Said compatibility
- Fixed A Dog Said doing weird things like applying a Jaw Implant to ears, for example
- Rebalanced all event types and chances
- Increased Wildpod's wildness to make it less overpowered when tamed early
- Decreased wildpod's blunt defense to 1, so they can't be harmed by bullets, but they will lose health in melee. They still die super fast with fire
- Wildpods and Wildpawns now state in the description that their offspring isn't born tamed (cause spores)
- Wildpods and Wildpawns can now be farmed for small amounts of raw fungus
- Corrected super high needleroll spawn rates. They are on par with Iguanas
- Spider clutchmothers won't eat their children now
- Corpses dug by frostmites will now spawn forbidden
- Toned down the volume and map spread of the grinding sound made by a Summit Crab
- Fixed cactipine droppod building double description
- Fixed bug where Mammoth Worm wasn't eating grass
- Fixed bug where Raptor Shrimp wasn't using arms to attack

agiber

Ruisuki

is there a b19 version? shout out to the artist gorgeous artwork jesus

SargBjornson

Sorry, I coded everything directly for 1.0!

cyberian

The wildpod change is highly appreciated. I had a manhunter pack of 10 wildpods that I had to wait out. I had only 2 molotovs

I guess next time I can engage because I can club the fire survivers to pieces with warhammers.

SargBjornson

Yeah, the concept was cool, but WAY too OP in practice

SargBjornson

v1.06:

Added several coat variations to many animals from the mod. Credit goes to Xen and Cucumpear for their awesome work in AnimalCollabProject.
    Added event toggles in Mod Options for Aerofleet migrations, Gallatross migrations and the Summit Crab event.
    Made Needlerolls and Needleposts more resistant to lack of light. They shouldn't die so fast now.
    Made Tetraslugs less hungry, to avoid starvation due to their slow speed.
    Re-balanced leather strengths so they are no longer stronger than hyperweave in some cases (!!!)

jpinard

This mod is INCREDIBLE.  One of the best mods I've ever downloaded.  Have a request and a suggestion.

First the request:  Could you make it so plate armor and helmets could be forged via chitin?  That would be super cool!

There is one big problem with the mod and that's the value of the leather/fur items and their stats.  In any game you'll be forced to kill them.  Because their pelts/leathers are worth so much, just having them shoots your value sky-high.  Raids suddenly become very extreme because of your jump in wealth.  I would ask that the numbers be toned down to be more in line with Vanilla.  They can be better than Vanilla, just not so extreme.

I'd also ask if you could make it so plate armor and helmets could be forged via chitin.  That would be super cool!

SargBjornson

Huh? Leather values are in line with vanilla values... They oscillate between 3 (same as elephant or fox, less than bear) and 4.2 (same as rhinoceros). The exception is gallatross leather at 16, which is more than thrumbo leather at 14, but it is also quite better, and gallatross can kick your ass better than a thrumbo XD

ptx

VGP patch, Blizzarisk, the text says fifteen fabric, while the products are 11.

The slugs. The skeleton texture looks like it's back shell, I suppose that's made from a hard material. Don't you think that would constitute as an armor for the slug. The def says it's just a slug, with no armor, no back shell.
And how do you speed up the slug anyway, a living generator is a very cool concept, but it's certainly not made for caravan. ADS won't help, since it doesn't have any limbs. Implants for the slug maybe, increase movement speed, armor, and power generation?