[1.0 - 1.1] Alpha Animals - 2.08 (16/03/20)

Started by SargBjornson, October 18, 2018, 03:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoSono

are you sure it isn't? usually giddy up just works.

SargBjornson

Quote from: Giraffe on November 03, 2018, 10:54:49 PM
giddyup compatibility would make this a must download

All mods work with Giddy-Up!

SargBjornson

New update, 1.07!

v1.07:

Added two new animals: the Slurrypede, a half-mechanoid creature who consumes organic matter and produces nutrient paste, and the Bumbledrone, a peaceful creature with a very mean venom
    Added new event: Bumbledrone queen migration. Tame this one if you want your own bumbledrone army
    Increased Bouldermit lifespan to be inline with the lore
    Made Gallatross not appear as a manhunter
    Made Gallatross inmune to insanity lance. It pities your puny lance. It eats lances for breakfast. Well, not really, they are too crunchy
    Tweaked the hunger rate of many carnivores to avoid them depelting the ecosystems
    Fixed Slug body type
    Small fix to VGP patch giving incorrect number for hyperweave
    Balanced basic insect chitin, since it was way too powerful still, and it is increasingly easier to obtain as more creatures are added
    Increased minimum refire days of most events so they are not spammed too often
    Changed man and mix temperatures of the Dunealisk and Blizzarisk to avoid a situation where the three types of clutchmother would spawn on the same map, and people were getting their asses kicked in a spiderpocalyse

temple_wing

Would you please remove ".vs" folder from git repo, it's 10M, too big.

SargBjornson

I'm not seeing any .vs folder on GitHub that is 10MB... The only ones I see are inside the DLL sources (vs from Visual Studio, I suppose) and they are all less than 1 MB.

And in any case, 10MB hasn't been a lot of data for a long, looooong time

Canute

temple_wing,
if you didn't notice you can delete the whole Source folder, this isn't needed for the mod, like the name indicate it is the sourcecode to compile the assemblies DLL files.

SargBjornson,
don't forget he is a poor chinese citizen, his evil goverment ban many internet services and i bet he is still using an analog modem to dial into the internet. :-))

Fafn1r

Love it how you are still adding new creatures and combined with Steam Workshop auto update - I see them while playing and I'm like, woah that's cool.

Got some Tetra Slugs last in my previous colony - are they supposed to spawn in deserts? There were like four of them wandering all the time. Two self-tamed, they aren't very good attack animals :D Kept them with batteries and they seemed to generate some power, but their description could be more informative about that.

ptx

Quote from: SargBjornson on November 04, 2018, 03:43:07 AM
v1.07:

Added two new animals: the Slurrypede, a half-mechanoid creature who consumes organic matter and produces nutrient paste, and the Bumbledrone, a peaceful creature with a very mean venom

so.... my prisoners could be fed from a mechanoid poop now. OK, that's cool.  ;D

Your animal collection lacks Bioluminescence, a.k.a. mobile lamp animals. Attenburough even did a bioluminescence episode. I certainly don't know how much processing power such animal would cost.

RyanRim

Just got the release, great mod, best animal mod up to date for sure.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

luciddreemer

This mod is amazing...Played this pretty casually before installing any new mods other than simple quality of life stuff, so i walk away to get some food and come back to trails of blood all over my base. Was gone a little longer than expected but only no longer than 10m which has always been fine haha normally but one of those overgrown drop pods landed and released those cactipine things lmao and destroyed half my colony and to top it all off i couldnt find the pod for so long lol just a random cactipine every now and then screwing with whoever survived trying to pick up the pieces lol.  GREAT MOD, glad it came with its own unique features with the new animals that way they feel more incorporated not just another thing to shoot for meat/fur with a diff texture. Anyways thanks! haha

Bodog999

I love this mod, the new events and animals are great fun to use and play with. Although, I do have one minor complaint. The constant looping sound of the Summit Crab is rather annoying since you can hear it basically anywhere on the map. And when you cant afford to spend colonists hunting it due to raids, events, catastrophes, the constantly looping sound gets on your nerves quite quickly. Would it be possible to reduce the sound range of it so it doesn't cover the entire map?

Vintorez

Having a strange issue, I'm playing with the Call of Cthulhu mods for cults and all that, and when training an Animus Vox sometimes it's insanity will jump up by about 35%. Doesn't seem like it's intended but I figured I could get a quicker answer here if there's some kind of sneaky cross compatibility thing going on before I ask around the Cthulu mod forums. I have a save backup where it soon reliably reproduces the issue.

jpinard

If I have a bunch of events disabled at game start, then enable them later.  Will they trigger even though I didn't initially have them running for a while?

SargBjornson

New update!

v1.08:

Re-added Raptor Shrimp manhunter on tame and damage changes (they were deleted somehow)
    Balanced slurrypede's total paste yield to 10 per day
    Made slurrypede's paste way more disgusting to make them less OP. Prisoners love it, though!
    Frostmites are now carnivores (but not predators) so they can be fed meat to tame them.
    Groundrunners now mine at skill level 10, at the same rate any hauling animal does
    Tetraslug can't be manhunters now (too slow)
    Increased even more clutchmother's wildness to make them less attractive to tame (can't avoid self taming due to how it is coded in vanilla, though)
    Made clutchmother events even slightly less common
    Cactipine droppods now release desert ambrosia if you let the 3 days expire, to give an incentive to not deconstruct them inmediately
    Fixed small typo in Gallatross letter
    Reduced summit crab grinding sound effect even further. Shouldn't be heard more than 1 screen away

Quote from: jpinard on November 11, 2018, 04:08:50 PM
If I have a bunch of events disabled at game start, then enable them later.  Will they trigger even though I didn't initially have them running for a while?

Sure, it is a flag that is applied when the event is going to be fired by the game

Quote from: Vintorez on November 11, 2018, 09:21:47 AM
Having a strange issue, I'm playing with the Call of Cthulhu mods...

No idea... It shouldn't, since it does nothing very out of the ordinary, but mod interaction is unpredictable.

Quote from: ptx on November 04, 2018, 07:53:18 PM
Your animal collection lacks Bioluminescence

I tried, but the game won't render moving lights :(