[1.0 - 1.1] Alpha Animals - 2.08 (16/03/20)

Started by SargBjornson, October 18, 2018, 03:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptx

So, I was butchering a megaspider that killed my one and only Groundrunner, and it doesn't drop any leather, while the Feralisk drops chitin. Some free time, and here are some of my suggestions:

Chitin patch for Megascarab, Spelopede, Megaspider. File tested and attached.

Leather_Chitin for Bearscarab, Boombeetle, Chickenspider, Wolfscarab, without LeatherAmount.
Muffalopede should drops muffalopede chitins upon butchered.
Thrumbospider should be given its own leather, since both Thrumbo and Megaspider has their own armor rating. Reusing the muffalopede texture is fine.
All of those creature also need their armor values tweaked, or not, its your call.

Black Scarab, Black Spelopede, Black Spider LeatherAmount need to be removed. Currently, Black Scarab, bodysize 0.3 gives the same chitin as Black Spider, bodysize 1.5.
Mammoth Worm and Mega Louse need to be change to Black Chitin.

Bumbledrone, Frostmite, Mega Louse need armor rating, since their skin is Chitin, which implies some sort of armor protection.

Raptor Shrimp with its armor sharp rating 0.7, has its own leather.
While Ironhusk is given measly Chitin, while having both armor rating 0.75, higher than the Shrimp.
Ironhusk should be given its own leather, Iron Chitin or something.
Ironhusk drops Iron Chitin instead of Steel Chunk, with the same period 3 days.
Iron Chitin is smeltable, 40 Iron Chitin yields 20 Steel. Same yield as now.
No LeatherAmount, since its bodysize is quite the perfect size.

Butchering Raptor Shrimp should also yields 2 raptor blades, add some steel for a tribal sword or two.

That's all.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Giraffe

Quote from: SargBjornson on November 15, 2018, 04:23:17 AM
Yeah, the Gallatross is very conceptual. I think A_Friend drew it that way so that people can project their imagination a bit. Someone said they envision it as a gorilla-like creature. I imagine a fat antelope XDD..

My first thought when I saw the Galatross was this:

(Alexander from the final fantasy series)

SargBjornson

New update! Added four new animals, and implemented many of ptx's suggestions, as well as bugs reported here and on Steam. Enjoy!

v1.09:

Added four new creatures: Great Devourer, Overgrown Colossus, Sand Squid and Thermadon
    Added improved Giddy Up compatibility to Meadow Aves and Mammoth Worms. These two creatures are now even better than baseline when mounted.
    To compensate, Meadow Ave total DPS has been reduced
    Added a valuable Gallatross horn, as an incentive to hunt them besides meat and leather for days
    Megalouse now has a little bit of armor
    Megalouse health has been reduced slightly
    Megalouse and Mammoth Worm have Black Chitin leather like other Black Hive members
    Frostmite now has a little bit of armor
    Added Iron Chitin to the Ironhusk Beetle
    Fixed small typo in Summit Crab event letter
    Added two weeks of peace before certain events can happen, to avoid an arctic lion attack on day 2, for example
    Made adult Lockjaws smaller, they were enormous
    Arctic Lion max comfortable temperature is now 10ºC to avoid its event happening on warm climates
    Disgusting nutrient paste from Slurrypedes can now be sold at outlander bases

crusader2010

Hello. Getting the following error, apparently from this mod. It was there in the previous version too, but haven't noticed it. I'm also using Dinosauria, MegaFauna, Birds&Bees, GeneticRim (+the patch for Dinosauria) and many others. Any ideas?

Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AnimalVariations.AnimalMultiSkins.ApplyNewSkin (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AnimalVariations.AnimalMultiSkins.<Tick>b__24_0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

SargBjornson

Which animal is spawning when the error appears? Sounds like a simple typo

crusader2010

Quote from: SargBjornson on December 03, 2018, 12:02:19 PM
Which animal is spawning when the error appears? Sounds like a simple typo

Can't pinpoint it for sure, but I can tell you what animals spawned on the map since there aren't many: Feralisk, Gallatross, many Groundrunners, Raptor Shrimp. There was also an older Aerofleet migration. Don't know how to find out exactly what animal is causing this. Also, I have the Black Hive option unchecked.

SargBjornson

Well, I'm not sure what could be happening, as I have been unable to replicate it: I spawned all animals in the mod, not just those few, and no multiskins gave any problems... Can't fix it if I can reproduce it

bigheadzach

Is fertilized sand a brand new terrain type? Does it jive well with any other agriculture/terraforming mods that you know if?

SargBjornson

It is a new terrain that replaces sand, yeah. Can't say if it will be compatible with other mods, though

bigheadzach

Quote from: SargBjornson on December 03, 2018, 01:15:46 PM
It is a new terrain that replaces sand, yeah. Can't say if it will be compatible with other mods, though

I can see it being useful to integrate with Rainbeau's Fertile Fields and/or Vegetable Garden -> Garden Tools as it currently allows fertilizer to be used to create Rich Soil / Plowed Soil. Do the squids just leave a trail of converted sand or is there an actual substance at play? Perhaps a terraforming action which can convert a Fertilized Sand to Sand which produces Fertilizer?

crusader2010

Quote from: SargBjornson on December 03, 2018, 12:51:15 PM
Well, I'm not sure what could be happening, as I have been unable to replicate it: I spawned all animals in the mod, not just those few, and no multiskins gave any problems... Can't fix it if I can reproduce it

Please let me know how to better debug this :)
Here's the link to the whole log: LOG

EDIT: there are also some errors related to patching, like below. GeneticRim is generating something similar too.

[Alpha Animals] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationSequence(count=20) failed
file: D:\Games\RimWorld 1.0\Mods\AlphaAnimals\Patches\ADogSaidPatch.xml

AtonicX

Maybe remove the ability for Slurrypedes to eat meals. If you really want to cheese it, if you tame a Slurrypede, and it produces NUT Paste™, it can then eat 1 or 2 meals of that NUT Paste™ to make more NUT Paste™. It basically provides for itself and other animals on an infinite scale, as most other animals can eat NUT Paste™. It's a tad bit OP, in my book.
I've been thinking... (Oh no, it thinks!)

SargBjornson

Quote from: crusader2010 on December 03, 2018, 01:39:22 PM
Quote from: SargBjornson on December 03, 2018, 12:51:15 PM

Please let me know how to better debug this :)
Here's the link to the whole log: LOG

EDIT: there are also some errors related to patching, like below. GeneticRim is generating something similar too.

[Alpha Animals] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationSequence(count=20) failed
file: D:\Games\RimWorld 1.0\Mods\AlphaAnimals\Patches\ADogSaidPatch.xml

Phew, your error log is MESSED UP! The first thing I can find is that Better Sandbags is using an obsolete version of Modcheck, and that might be breaking all compatibility. Remove it or lower it in the load order and I think many errors will disappear

crusader2010

Quote from: SargBjornson on December 04, 2018, 02:38:02 AM
Phew, your error log is MESSED UP! The first thing I can find is that Better Sandbags is using an obsolete version of Modcheck, and that might be breaking all compatibility. Remove it or lower it in the load order and I think many errors will disappear

Yea, i know, haha  ;D I'm trying to sort everything out somehow :) Having ~130 mods is not easy.
For now it did seem to fix a lot of the errors from after loading a saved game, yet starting Rimworld still gives some.