[1.0 - 1.1] Alpha Animals - 2.08 (16/03/20)

Started by SargBjornson, October 18, 2018, 03:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusader2010

Quote from: SargBjornson on December 04, 2018, 03:41:11 AM
Post it again and I'll see if I can help!

Here it is: NEW LOG
Thank you very much for your help and the (hopefully not too) wasted time  :D

EDIT: I think removing BetterSandbags was the solution to get rid of all the animal-related errors. It's my mistake for trying to force that mod to work on 1.0 without recompiling it from B18.
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

SargBjornson

I think the last thing you have is a Giddy Up error, but I don't see Giddy Up in your modlist. Maybe some mod needs it as a requirement? I'd just install it, because it's awesome, and Meadow Aves and Mammoth Worms have integrated mod support for it, too!

crusader2010

Quote from: SargBjornson on December 04, 2018, 04:02:59 AM
I think the last thing you have is a Giddy Up error, but I don't see Giddy Up in your modlist. Maybe some mod needs it as a requirement? I'd just install it, because it's awesome, and Meadow Aves and Mammoth Worms have integrated mod support for it, too!

I think "Trading economy" is the culprit but it's strange since there is no requirement posted. Should I be worried about those float numbers being cast as integers?  ::) Might make some settings useless if it indeed happens. I'm waiting on some answers for ChangeDresser and WeaponStorage since I can't build the latter's storage container no matter what I do.

Canute

crusader2010,
honestly. You should clean up your modlist so no error show up.
Or at last you should get more info's about that mod that cause these error.
Could not find a type named WeaponStorage.Building_WeaponStorage
Could not find a type named WeaponStorage.Building_RepairWeaponStorage
Could not find a type named ChangeDresser.DresserJobDriver.JobDriver_ChangeApparelColor
Could not find a type named ChangeDresser.DresserJobDriver.JobDriver_ChangeApparelColorByLayer

Could not find type named GiddyUpCore

Something is wrong with these mod installations i think, or does one mod need GiddyUpCore ?

For a succesful gameplay you should have no error's on Rimworld startup.
Or do you think these mod work's correct when they throw out red lines ?

crusader2010

Quote from: Canute on December 04, 2018, 05:01:55 AM
For a succesful gameplay you should have no error's on Rimworld startup.
Or do you think these mod work's correct when they throw out red lines ?

That's what I'm trying :) already posted in those mods' respective threads. GiddyUp shouldn't be required for anything I believe.

Canute

Since you got these error's on startup, it shouldn't be that hard (just time intensive) to find the mod who cause that.
Alternativ you just could add testwise Giddyup.

crusader2010

Quote from: Canute on December 04, 2018, 08:25:58 AM
Since you got these error's on startup, it shouldn't be that hard (just time intensive) to find the mod who cause that.
Alternativ you just could add testwise Giddyup.

When I exit Rimworld I'll try it. Probably gonna need all the sub-mods though (not sure which is needed for everything to work).

Dr_Zhivago

Hello. I am wondering if there is a way for you to integrate this mod with "Numbers" which is currently taken care of by Mehni.

The animals you introduce must be using a different comp class than "shearable" or "milkable" or what-have-you, because they do not appear on any of the "Numbers" columns.  I have some pictures here of what I mean. E.G. the "raw mushroom growth" of the "Wildpod" does not appear under "wool growth", "milk fullness", or "egg progress". If the comp classes for your new animals were made in a way that the fungal growth for a "Wildpod" (and every other animal with growths) could be detected by "Numbers" (or any other mod using similar features e.g. "Animal Tab" by Fluffy), then it would be easier to see at-a-glance which animals are close to needing harvest or shearing. This is the section in "Numbers" that allows for animals to appear on the "wool growth" column.

Anyway, just an idea for better integration with other mods, if possible.

A Friend

never thought I'd see the day for this thing to finally be out here

good work fellas
y'all did good
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

A Friend

Btw, what program do you use to create new creatures with? But well, whatever it may be. Some tips to recreate things a bit closer to what I did:

- Make outlines thicker looking than the inner ones and/or change the inner lines to a slightly darker color of the animal's

- Use line tools (or your program's equivalent) to make lines smoother looking.

I think that's main the stuff of it to look vanilla like.
Thicc smooth outlines and minimal detail.

I'm unfortunately too busy working on our own game project to personally help add more to this. But I wish you goodluck with continuing this.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

brucethemoose

Minor bug: "vegetable like" cactus meat can't be used to cook anything. Not sure if this is intentional, or if it's a conflict with the rimcuisine mod.

This is fantastic mod btw.

TheLunatic889

Is this compatible with Wild Animal Sex 1.0 by any chance?

Canute

Ofcouse not,
Wild animal sex work for all animal's not for Alpha one's only.

TheLunatic889

aww that's too bad but I guess some of these things would be hard to manage if they bred...

LezHuarez

Hi, I recently just installed this mod
There seems to be a bug where the animals do not do any melee damage, but still fire there projectiles
I even tested it by removing all mods except the core and alpha animals and it still there
Seems like only certain animals do this
The ones I seen so far are the Great Devourer, Vox, mostly the recently added animals do this
last Edit, I discovered the mod that causes this. It's the targeting nodes mod causes the animals to not be able to target anything on a pawn