[1.0 - 1.1] Alpha Animals - 2.08 (16/03/20)

Started by SargBjornson, October 18, 2018, 03:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargBjornson

The mod includes a slightly modified version of it, so no need to add it to your modlist

Kori

ThisIsName

Hey Sarg!
I'm getting errors when using your mod with Dual Wield. Can you take a look at it?
This error popups for spiders and spelopedes.
Exception ticking AA_BlackSpelopede270250 (at (46, 0, 142)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at DualWield.Harmony.VerbProperties_AdjustedAccuracy.Postfix (Verse.VerbProperties,Verse.Thing,single&) <0x0002a>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.VerbProperties.AdjustedAccuracy_Patch2 (object,Verse.VerbProperties/RangeCategory,Verse.Thing) <0x0018d>
at Verse.VerbProperties.GetHitChanceFactor (Verse.Thing,single) <0x0009a>
at Verse.ShotReport.HitReportFor (Verse.Thing,Verse.Verb,Verse.LocalTargetInfo) <0x00248>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Verb_LaunchProjectile.TryCastShot_Patch1 (object) <0x008c7>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Verb_Shoot.TryCastShot_Patch1 (object) <0x00053>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Verb.TryCastNextBurstShot_Patch1 (object) <0x000a3>
at Verse.Verb.WarmupComplete () <0x0003b>
at Verse.Verb_LaunchProjectile.WarmupComplete () <0x00021>
at Verse.Verb_Shoot.WarmupComplete () <0x00023>
at Verse.Stance_Warmup.Expire () <0x00022>
at Verse.Stance_Busy.StanceTick () <0x0002b>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Stance_Warmup.StanceTick_Patch1 (object) <0x003bb>
at Verse.Pawn_StanceTracker.StanceTrackerTick () <0x0005d>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch2 (object) <0x00178>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x00487>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

SargBjornson

It will probably give errors with any ranged creature. I'm afraid it is a compatibility with the ranged animal framework, and that has to be fixed on that mod's Harmony patch :(

Roolo

Quote from: ThisIsName on February 03, 2019, 12:30:17 PM
Hey Sarg!
I'm getting errors when using your mod with Dual Wield. Can you take a look at it?
This error popups for spiders and spelopedes.

This seems like an issue that's fixed a few versions ago in dual wield. Do you have the latest version of that mod?

SargBjornson

The Genetic Rim - Alpha Animals patch is UP, get it while it's hot: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1658356618

whyareuhere

It says that it has been removed by the author....

SargBjornson

Fixed, it is always linked from the first page of this thread, though

mcduff

Here's a question:

Some of your animals drop steel chunks/stone etc.

Can this mechanism be used by a mod that wanted to make vanilla animals drop manure periodically, say to incorporate it into Fertile Fields or Bad Hygiene's fertiliser mechanics?

whyareuhere

Thanks! Is there anywhere that I can find these compatibility patches without buying Rimworld on Steam?

whyareuhere

May I suggest that the chance of slurrypedes appearing in the wild be lowered? I've only survived for 2 years and I already have 4 slurrypedes. Maybe make them as rare as tetraslugs, I make free cash just by having them graze and spit out their disgusting nutrient pastes.

Austupaio

So as I understand it, Alpha Animals primarily causes issues with Zetrith's Multiplayer due to Boulder/Pebble mits spawning chunks. Would it be possible for you to make a patch that disables this behaviour, Sarg?

SargBjornson

That's weird! Would it be ok if they spawned bricks instead of chunks? Also, is it the only problem with the mod with multiplayer?

NixGerit

Hi SargBjornson!

Created an account solely for posting on this thread to thank you for making AlphaAnimals. I absolutely love them (always been a sucker for animals), they make game so much awesome. My favourites are meadow aves (more like meadow awwws), in any colony when I see a trader having the eggs, I get a dozen if I'm in more extreme environment, they have their places alongside the doggos. They're good birds. So colourful, so pretty, so handy. Gotta adore them.
Also, the groundrunner? Marvellous idea, very useful critter. I do have to say that when they mine, the products they mine, for example steel, always drops down as forbidden, maybe it would be great if it was allowed? But nevermind this detail, they're still kickass.
Nightling is very cool too, though he's a nasty bastard when they come in a bunch of dozens in the mood for some manhunting.
And last I want to mention is the sand squid - where the hell did you get the idea for it to slime all over and make desert actually usable? That's just ingenous. Kinda glad they're so rare, I have the urge to use them just for the sheer coolness of the idea.

Keep this on, please, you do awesome stuff, hand-on the best mod around! <3