[1.0 - 1.1] Alpha Animals - 2.08 (16/03/20)

Started by SargBjornson, October 18, 2018, 03:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargBjornson

haha, yeaaaah, I will need to make it exotic to avoid caravans bringing one :)

Regarding meat, all animals that have 0 meat and drop a special meat on butchering still generate a vanilla meat definition. In the list you can also find two aerofleet meats. One is the real meat the creature drops, the blue one. The other is the vanilla meat autogenerated by the game, which should never drop from an aerofleet. It might drop as part of a cargo pod event, though, so I don't want to remove it from the recipe lists.

It's a smal price to pay for blue jellyfish meat!

Vintorez

Need to add Plant_TallGrass to things Decay Drakes can convert otherwise they're just carnivores in Tropical Swamps, tamed one and couldn't feed it meat or corpses while tamed and nearly had it starve before I went code digging.

Also found that the rotting mounds don't 'grow' into an edible version at night, not sure if this can be changed.

Riddle78

Just to clarify; Is this compatible with A Dog Said out of the box,or do I need to do any MacGuyvering? Furthermore,which version of A Dog Said? One version relaxes the animal size categories,and the other,which I use,enforces them. IE,you can't stick all the bionics on an iguana.

Canute

Just to clarify, the answer is on Top after all Animals
QuoteCompatibility

Compatible with A Dog Said...
Compatible with the implants from Genetic Rim
Uses Harmony (no need to download)
Uses ModCheck (no need to download)

Flimflamshabam

I'm greatly torn with this mod, I do like the look of some of the critters but not all of them, its almost 50:50. Why must these decisions be so difficult?!

AileTheAlien

Are there any plans to balance this mod? I tried it out around Xmas, and it seemed like every creature in this mod either offered similar resources to a standard creature but for much lesser risk, or they offered resources that were overpowered compared to the base game. (Like, all of the leathers are on par with Thrumbofur, and the Gallatross is a big upgrade.) The creatures themselves are all very interesting, but I feel like they should be a lot more dangerous, rare, and/or have their leathers/products nerfed.

KozmoD

Or any plans to make Black Spiders/Mega Spiders tamable as well?

Vintorez

You can probably edit the XML file to make the Black Spider tamable, steam workshop path is steamapps>Workshop>content>294100>1541721856>defs>ThingDefs_Races>Races_Animal_BlackHive

The Black Spider is the last animal defined in the file, look for <wildness>1</wildness> and change it to like 0.95 to match the difficulty with the lesser Black Hive bugs. I take no responsibility for any wonkiness this may or may not cause.

KozmoD

Vintorez

No problem,  try using Notepad++ if you aren't already, it helps a ton as it lays out files much better than regular notepad. XML files are fairly easy to understand just by reading them and are a good way to help tune most mods to your preferred balance and overcome incompatibilities.

SargBjornson

New version!

I forgot to post here about the 1.2 update, too, so in these past two weeks I have added nine new animals:

v1.3:

Added five new animals:
        Radyak: a peaceful herbivore that grows uranium crystals
        Gigantelope: a muffalo alternative for your caravans, with variable carrying capacity
        Sky eel: weird electric eels that only appear when an asteroid impacts
        Mantrap: an acid spitting carnivorous plant
        Sand Lion: a desert variant of the arctic lion. This one covers itself in clouds of sand
    Added new event: strange asteroid impact. Releases sky eels, and gives access to a weird steel alternative
    Changed name of cactus meat and cactus leather to plant to be more generic and not add 1000 types of similar resources
    Added tall grass to the list of things the decay drake can ferment to avoid them starving on jungles
    Modified the way regeneration works to make it more gradual and less OP (Raptor shrimp still a bitch)
    Changed plural of megalouse to megalice
    Tweaked the way the ocular jelly turns trees into alien trees to preserve growth
    Changed beauty of red alien wood to not be negative, just ugly

SargBjornson

Quote from: AileTheAlien on April 11, 2019, 02:33:29 PM
Are there any plans to balance this mod? I tried it out around Xmas, and it seemed like every creature in this mod either offered similar resources to a standard creature but for much lesser risk, or they offered resources that were overpowered compared to the base game. (Like, all of the leathers are on par with Thrumbofur, and the Gallatross is a big upgrade.) The creatures themselves are all very interesting, but I feel like they should be a lot more dangerous, rare, and/or have their leathers/products nerfed.

The mod is balanced to my taste now. It adds mechanics that can make the game easier if you master them, but it also adds significantly higher risks than vanilla animals. Also, leathers were balanced a while ago, and only gallatross leather is truly a big upgrade, because I consider if you can tackle a Gallatross, you deserve it.

Of couse, you don't have to agree with my opinion.

Canute

How cute, the little white one !! :-)
But i bet he can bite like a agrosaurus ! :-)

SargBjornson

No, it's just a mouse! A cute mouse than splits into three when killed XD

KozmoD

Its amazing to see new animals, more events, mechanics, etc.
But about theses textures... they seem a little... poor quality? The ideas are great, they just look a little less polished then the other ones.