[1.0 - 1.1] Alpha Animals - 2.08 (16/03/20)

Started by SargBjornson, October 18, 2018, 03:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr_Zhivago

Would you ever consider including on/off toggles for the animals? So one could turn off desired animals from spawning in-game.

temple_wing

You said I can wait to see what happens.
Nothing!
It's a cheat!
Please don't do that.

TSB73

I could do the mod for the old versions, like the b18 or b19

SargBjornson

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on May 06, 2019, 03:19:08 AM
Would you ever consider including on/off toggles for the animals? So one could turn off desired animals from spawning in-game.

Unfortunately, this is not feasible. I looked into it, and the only way to do it would be using Harmony transpilers, and I don't understand them correctly.

Quote from: temple_wing on May 12, 2019, 12:54:53 PM
You said I can wait to see what happens.
Nothing!
It's a cheat!
Please don't do that.

What are you talking about?

Quote from: TSB73 on May 12, 2019, 05:33:15 PM
I could do the mod for the old versions, like the b18 or b19

I don't want to support previous versions.

SargBjornson

Ok, update is here! Fixing all those stupid errors that were popping up, and adding some compat :)

v1.301:

Added compatibility with Lord of the Rims - Elves (mallorn forest biome)
Removed errors caused by Decay Drakes and Ocular Jellies trying to change the map and create gas IN SPACE
Sky Steel should no longer be used to create ancient ruins
Updated the AnimalVariations.dll, since it seems to have been causing some errors

Roolo

QuoteUnfortunately, this is not feasible. I looked into it, and the only way to do it would be using Harmony transpilers, and I don't understand them correctly.

I recommend this tutorial if you want to get into transpilers: https://gist.github.com/pardeike/c02e29f9e030e6a016422ca8a89eefc9. I learned using them thanks to that tutorial. Also, feel free to contact me (preferably through discord or steam) if you need help with creating a transpiler in case you want to try, I'd be happy to help. They take a while to get used to, but once you grasp them, they're a good asset to have when modding.

SargBjornson

You are being a tempting succubus right now and you know it ;)

SargBjornson

I just added a new version of the mod, 1.4:

- Added a new mod settings screen to select which of the creatures will or won't appear on the map as wild spawns. This can be toggled on an individual basis, and will only affect wild spawns (not manhunters, merchants, etc)
- Moved the events settings to a separate mod settings screen

Everyone say "thanks Roolo" for pointing me in the right direction :)

Austupaio

That went from 'I can't' to 'It's done' real quick, nice work.

SargBjornson

I'm a fast learner. I'm lazy as fuck too XD

Canute

I think lazy is a good trait (for you)!!
So we don't need to fear that you want to take control over the world because you are too lazy ! :-)
Nothing worser then a fast learning,clever,mighthungry pawn who want to become president and is maybe a psychopath ! :-)

lobosan

Thanks SargBjornson for your mods!
I especially love the Alpha Animal one - very imaginative and it brings cool new twists to old survival formulas.

The Ocular Jelly infection mechanic reminds me of the bioengineered miasma ecosystem in the NausicaƤ manga/anime.  Insects and wind spread toxic fungal spores, which grow into giant fungal forests with even more toxic miasma, which are again guarded by gigantic, gentle isopods (?) that go berserk if the resource rich fungal forest gets cut (harvesting is OK). The climax fungal forest becomes non-toxic and crumbles to fertile soil.

If some of it peaks your interest, how could I help? Have some JS, Pyhton, XML/XSLT experience and coffee money :)

tase

I also have the ApplySkin error some other poster had previously. I have the full log here, it's for the AA_BoulderMit:

[AnimalVariations] Loading XML data from: D:\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\1541721856/Textures/Things/Pawn/Animal/AA_BoulderMit/AA_BoulderMit_SkinSet.xml
Verse.Log:Message(String, Boolean)
AnimalVariations.AnimalMultiSkins:TryLoadSkinSet()
AnimalVariations.AnimalMultiSkins:ApplyNewSkin(Int32)
AnimalVariations.AnimalMultiSkins:<Tick>b__24_0()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AnimalVariations.AnimalMultiSkins.ApplyNewSkin (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AnimalVariations.AnimalMultiSkins.<Tick>b__24_0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

SargBjornson

Yeah, unfortunately it's an error with the AnimalVariations .dll. Just ignore it, it's harmless

Chibisuke

crossing both my fingers n toes. Are you migrating to the verb framework Sarg? i saw your post in that post.