How to change global bed colors, the red green and blue parts not the sheets.

Started by nightowl79a, October 30, 2018, 03:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightowl79a

So I was messing arround trying to learn modding and made a few simple new beds. They work all good and was able to change the sheets and even the alpha texture, but I hit a snag. My sheets don't work with green! So for the past two days I've been searching for a way to do this everywhere. Nothing helpful on the wiki, YouTube, steam. I can't find a mod that dose this and the only one I found changes the sheets but if you change the bed to hospital it doesn't change the bed. So basically I want to have three texture and aplha mask for each bed, one for normal prisoner and hospital. If I can't do that then I want to change the base green / yellow / blue. I've looked everywhere and I'm starting to feel frustrated, you guys are my last hope.

Tldr : please let me know how to assign separate textures for prison / medical/ normal per bed... OR change the global green / yellow / blue.

AileTheAlien

Could you make a mock-up of what you want to happen in the game? I can't quite understand what your end-goal is.

If you just want to use a new texture for beds, which will still allow the vanilla-game's colors for material, and for normal/medical/prisoner, that should be do-able with XML, and sprites that have the correct colors for the areas you want to show material and show normal/medical/prisoner - I believe it's green for color1, red for color2 and everything else uses the texture colors? If you want to have completely different sprites for each normal/medical/prisoner, then I think you'd have to do that with decompiling and C# coding.