[1.0] Colonist wanders to insect jelly and gets killed When on a food binge

Started by birdman26, October 19, 2018, 02:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdman26

What the circumstances were.
My colonist was living her life and then she got a food binge and instead of going to my refrigerated food stockpile or the food that was being harvested, which I had plenty of, She went to a hive with a bunch of insects protecting it to go eat the forbidden jelly and it got her killed because thats what happens when you go for the forbidden fruit.

What happened.
My colonist went for forbidden bug jelly instead of binging on the food located in my refrigerated area or getting harvested.

What you expected to happen.
I expected her to go nuts and eat all our food and not get killed by going for the forbidden fruit.

Steps we can follow to make the bug appear on our machine. This part is important! We need a set of steps which we can follow to get the same results you're seeing. Ideally you'll test these steps to make sure they work from scratch.

I actually have no idea how one would replicate this or if this was a one time I got screwed type bug. Was not expecting her to suicide into the insects when she was already inches away from more accessible food.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19NrUw0T8BiKQUiklJ0SAIP7JHQ42x_dp

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Do you never got ravenousness hunger on something at the night. And you don't got this at home and moved to the next superstore to buy some ?
In Rimworld the next superstore for jelly are insect hives.

It is your fault not to elimintate these bugs before, same you can mention the pawn got killed by a predator because the animal got a ravenousness hunger on people on food binge.

Not a bug, it is proper game mechanics.

shentino

In my opinion it's a possible bug.

It depends on whether the binge is for food in general or a specific craving for insect jelly.

If it's the former it could well be a pathfinding glitch.
If it's the latter it might be intentional, as the local food wouldn't be taken into account during the pathfinding contest.

That said, if it's the latter case one might well ask if people on a mental break should flee from danger.  If so, then anyone going after the insect jelly may well turn tail before they get cut down.

So the million dollar question:

Are they just hungry, or do they have a specific craving?

threephi

This does not sound like a bug to me.  Broken pawns disregard all dangers when acting out their impulses, whether wandering aimlessly outdoors in the middle of a raid or overdosing on drugs.  Bug jelly is a highly desirable food so it makes sense a food-binging pawn would seek it out over normal meals etc.  Maybe next time keep a stash of chocolate handy.

Tynan

As discussed by the wonderful humans above, it's not a bug - just some insane colonists getting into trouble. Thanks for reporting anyway.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog