1.0 Stone flooring

Started by stretch611, October 18, 2018, 06:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stretch611

How come the only option for stone flooring in 1.0 is to use sandstone?

In prior beta releases, stone floors could be made out of any available stone resource. Limiting the game to only sandstone leaves every walkway a boring monotone.

5thHorseman

All options are there, Sandstone is just the default. You must have the stones available to see it. A list comes up like when you're making a door or walls (or anything that can be of various different ingredients).
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Kirby23590

Also don't forget to right-click it to see the list for different materials for stone floor, if you see a triangular thing in the corner in the item you're about to build, it mean's you can a different material for it like granite or marble and even slate.

If it still doesn't show up, it mean's that there's not such thing as marble or other stones in the map if you playing in a map that has only sandstone mostly, until get them and break them in your stonecutter's table...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

stretch611

Ahhh.... Thank you.

I didn't notice because I didn't try to click on it, my current map has no sandstone. It actually makes better sense now then it did during the betas showing each separately.

I hope they did the same with carpets... even though it is all cloth. (I am still early in the research tree.)

Canute

QuoteAlso don't forget to right-click it to see the list for different materials
It got changed to left click since B19 now.