Uninstall Rimworld = ban?!

Started by yedogux, October 19, 2018, 01:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yedogux

I saw that Rimworld was released on steam and wanted to buy it because it looked fun. I also saw that I had to agree to a third party EULA which is always a warning sign.

The EULA for Rimworld is probably the worst I have ever seen! It says that if you buy Rimworld and ever uninstall it you will be permanently banned! Maybe they will be "generous" and allow you to buy the game again? All I know is that I will never ever support such a horrible company like Ludeon studios.

Quote from the EULA
"...
You can terminate this EULA at any time by simply uninstalling the Software from all your machines.

If the EULA is terminated, you no longer have any of the rights to the Software given in this license..."

bigheadzach

You know that Steam supercedes this, right? What it's saying is that if you bought Rimworld using their normal website distribution and you somehow delete it, that they aren't obligated to give you a new copy.

But being in Steam, Ludeon gives them the rights to provide the game to you, so as long as Steam and Ludeon's agreement holds, you have access to it.

It's a pretty standard CYA maneuver that exists because someone thought they were clever.

ODDizee

It's not really saying that either.

What it's saying is that if you don't wish to be bound by the EULA you must remove the software. It's saying if you wish to use the software, you must agree to the EULA.

It does not say that by uninstalling you waive your rights to the software, that is not the intention. The intention is simply to say you must agree to abide by the EULA in order to use the software.

Kirby23590

Hmmm... i don't think it means when you uninstall something like a game, i doesn't mean a perma-ban, you bought it in steam or from ludeon, it's there forever, unless you accidentally removed the email containing the game or accidentally refunded it or gifted it to a friend...

So if you uninstall the game, you can go back to it since you can free up your computer space until you can get more disk space or decided to try it out again and playing it all over again...

I guess from the EULA is a bit shoddy, i kind of blame the computer typed text made by AIs rather than Human hands, i don't know if this was copy and pasted from an EULA for a Anti-virus software... :/

EDIT: Made it a bit more clearer...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

5thHorseman

"You can drive to get to the store" doesn't mean that every time you drive, you get to a store. Similarly, "You can uninstall the game to terminate the license" does not mean uninstalling the game terminates the license.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.