[Mod Request] Revert Bill Completed Sound back to old version.

Started by viperwasp, October 19, 2018, 04:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viperwasp

*UPDATE - If you feel you can help with this go here instead. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46310.0

This is really annoying. I hate the new Bill Completed sound. Why did they change it... lol I last played A17 before changing to 1.0. Somewhere along the line the Bill completed sound changed to something I can't stand. It's to alerting!

I tried doing this myself and it's a little beyond my skillset. Please if you know an existing mod or can help let me know. I still have A17 and 1.0 both in own folder Ludeon copies. So if you can't do it for me. Maybe teach me how? I know it's a little complicated. I have done light coding before but not on Rimworld.

Okay update:

I opend both A17 and 1.0 and digged though the Dev tools. I found a way to preview all sounds.

This is what I found...

-----------------------------

A17

The sound for Bill Completed is...
DefName "MessageBenefit"

max voices 4
max simultanous 1
sustain fadeout time 0

The sound for Bill Completed is...
DefName "Message_TaskCompletion"

max voices 4
max simultanous 1
sustain fadeout time 0

Needs to be changed too this

DefName "Message_PositiveEvent"

max voices 4
max simultanous 1
sustain fadeout time 0

Note A17 "MessageBenefit" is the same sound as 1.0 "Message_PositiveEvent"

So the sound I want still exists within 1.0.
So I need to either record or find a copy of that sound somewhere and make a mod to replace the new sound I don't like. Or I simply need to make a mod that tells the game to use "Message_PositiveEvent" instead of "Message_TaskCompletion" ..... both are probably possible.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4