Rejected name for no reason

Started by Bubka, October 19, 2018, 05:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubka

(I typed in wrong forum so kinda repost?)
Hey so I bought RimWorld on Steam with the possibility to name a colonist after me.
I did everything and had to wait for verification and then it was rejected because"Sorry, please choose a conversational nickname - something people would call a colleague or friend in real life. Internet handles aren't acceptable."

The problem is this nickname was made by my friends and it stick to me later on, so it is very conversational ;-;
I am using this nickname in real life for like 11 years now? Before I was even using internet, so internet handles isn't a thing.
Is there a possibility for this to be accepted? Because I would love to see myself one day entering the world like I own the place.
Thank you in advance

P.S. It was reviewed by ItchyFlea if this'll help in anything.

Phantom404

Happened to me too! I read the guidelines carefully three times and everything. I wish we could get some communication about this, especially now that it's hit 1.0. Will our names ever get in?

Bubka

I hope so because otherwise it would be a waste of money. Also I saw some stupid sounding nicknames that are in the game but I don't think that someone would call you that irl. If they made it into the game why can't this? A normal sounding nickname.

Phantom404

I bought the DLC mainly to support the game and those behind it. That being said, it would be nice to see my name show up in-game once in a while...